A challenging and exciting job in the Alaska legal cannabis industry!
Hours: Full-time; approximately 35-to-45 hours per-week, including some weekends. Normal business hours are Monday thru Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., subject to change without notice.
Role and Responsibilities: Job duties include, but are not limited to, the following.
• Assemble incoming packaging and labeling orders.
• Review label proofs to ensure accuracy.
• Apply labels to packages using both manual and automated techniques.
• Perform maintenance routines on equipment.
• Adjust and operate equipment to perform label application.
• Pick, pack & ship customer orders from warehouse.
• Participate in monthly warehouse inventory.
• Clean and organize warehouse and showroom.
• Lift up to 50 pounds.
Required Skills: Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to “connect the dots” and formulate logical course of action to achieve goals. Possess characteristic of working independently, and taking responsibility to handle assigned tasks. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs will be considered a plus. Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook e-mail. Able to multi-task and work on several assignments simultaneously, without losing track of anything. Must be cannabis-friendly; cannabis industry knowledge is a plus.
Physical Requirements: Sitting, standing, walking, squatting, bending, hearing, seeing, looking at computer screen, typing on computer keyboard, lifting up to 50 pounds.
Licenses & Certifications Required: Applicant must have valid state of Alaska driver’s license, with clean driving record, and be able to pass a background check.
Equipment Used: Laptop computer, Microsoft Office software, label printers, label applicators.
Compensation: Pay is $12.00 to $14.00 per hour, depending upon qualifications, plus bonuses.
Benefits: No paid holidays, insurance, or other benefits are provided.