Our Jr Graphic Designer will be responsible for content creation, community management and growth of JINYA’s social media platforms, which celebrate our innovative Japanese cuisine. The position will design graphics and create content across all platforms and assist with the tracking of all social media analytics. This individual must be a creative graphic designer, a self-starter and a collaborator willing to learn and share ideas.
- Assist Graphic Design team as well as Marketing team
- Develop, create and edit content for all social media platform, including but not limited to: Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, Twitter and Yelp. Create engaging text, image and video content. Design posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and creating a buzz around our menu and new products
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends on various mediums pertaining to restaurant/hospitality industry. Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms, trends, design tools and scheduling applications, ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Facilitate online conversations with guests and respond to queries. Report online reviews and feedback from guests and our fans.
- Manage and develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics. Generate analytic reports and interpret results for upper management. Measure web trace and monitor SEO
- Suggest new ways to attract prospective guests, from promotions and competitions
- Work closely with our Founder and COO, developing graphics for company, selecting images, text styles, layouts, etc for website and determining the message the design should portray
- Create various market and company materials with usage of software programs, such as Adobe Creative Suite and similar design-related programs. Prepare final layout with editing needs, showcasing the finished copy to upper management
- Collaborate within a team atmosphere to present and/or create a larger design strategy, ensuring consistency and uniform branding across multi-unit, multi-layers of operations
- 2+ years of creativity and/or digital communication space, preferably with strong experience in social media platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communication, graphic design or related-field
- Outstanding and professional verbal and written skills; with strong ability to multi-task. Position will interact with a wide variety of internal and external guests across a broad spectrum of functional areas, including but not limited, management, internal team members, investment firms, vendors, franchisees and executive team members
- Experience working within agile environments. Ability to work well under pressure. Ability to embrace change and continuous learning
- Ability to lead by example, inspire and motivate team spirit and effectively present information in one-on-one setting and/or small group situations
- Possesses excellent interpersonal communication skills with qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Big picture skills; a full understanding of how Ramen love can be won with out-of-the-box strategies and thinking. Knowledge and usage to capture and edit video and photos for social media using multiple devices and programs
- Must be dependable and reliable
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays
- Strong knowledge of key social trends
- Be able to read, write and speak English and Japanese is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in experience
This job operates in a fun yet professional office environment. This role routinely uses computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by our team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear. The team member frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, but may be required to various locations for training, meetings and other job-related functions with some out of the area and overnight travel may be expected.