The Interpreter role plays a key function in daily communications between our CEO and Executive Leadership Team, aiding across a range of activities. The interpreter will provide interpretation services during various processes, and make sight translations of documents, providing accurate concepts and explanations with no additions or omissions, and according to established transparent interpretation protocols. This role is crucial to communications, ensuring impartial and swift intentions, emotions and tone in interpretations, with a high-level of accuracy.
- Acts as key communication interpretations between a wide range of people with diverse voices, accents, speaking tempos and personalities within JINYA and external guests
- Provides clear and exact translation of written material and interpretations of verbal communications
- Provides interpretations of questions, answers, statements, arguments, explanations and other forms of verbal communications
- Renders sight translations of documents and other written materials
- Imparts through, purpose, spirit, emotions and tone of speakers from source language into target language
- Interpreting with integrity and no additions or omissions
- Complies with JINYA’s mission, vision, and values and meeting all applicable ethics and standards
- 3-5 years of interpretation experience, preferably English to Japanese and Japanese to English, verbal and written
- Outstanding listening, retention and note-taking skills. Familiarity with using technology for translation
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team. Strong collaboration and communication skills; strategic thinking; results driven; business acumen; and financial management. Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability and willingness to work outside normal business hours as necessary, including weekends and holidays
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, language skills or related field
- Valid certificate of accredited interpreting training.
- Be able to fluently read, write and speak English and Japanese
This job operates in a fun yet professional office environment. This role routinely uses computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other standard office equipment. The work environment is characteristic of a standard office environment; however, time will be spent in various restaurants on-site.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by our team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear. The team member frequently is required to taste, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Travel is primarily local during the business day, but may be required to various locations for training, meetings and other job-related functions.