This position is responsible for all employee-related issues. This will involve managing activities such as job design, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, training & development and talent management. The role of Human Resources Manager is important to business success. The Human Resources Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
· Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
· Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
· Provides support and guidance to HR team, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
· Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
· Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
· Maintain pay plan and benefits program
· Performing benefits administration
· Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
· Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
· Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
· Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations
· Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
· Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
· Developing, revising, and recommending personnel policies and procedures
· Maintaining and revising the company’s handbook on policies and procedures
· Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
· Nurture a positive working environment
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· A minimum of 3-5 years of human resource management experience.
· Proven working experience as HR manager or another HR executive role
· People oriented and results driven
· Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics
· Knowledge of HRIS systems, databases and talent management systems
· Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Excellent active listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
· Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
· In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR Best Practices
· Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite (Google Sheets, Hangouts, etc.)
· Must have knowledge of restaurant systems, including but not limited to ALOHA, CTUIT or other POS systems
· Be able to read, write and speak English; and preferably Spanish and/or Japanese is a plus
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
· SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
This job operates in a fun yet professional office environment. This role routinely uses computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by our team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear. The manager frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, but may be required to various locations for training, meetings and other job-related functions.
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.