Columbia, SC 29210
AUTO SERVICE TECHS / MECHANICS
Hiring Now for Experienced Technicians!
*** Top Pay and Signing Bonus for Trained Techs ***
JIM HUDSON AUTO GROUP is seeking all levels of experienced Service Techs for our busy dealership group’s service centers. We are hiring all brand Service Technicians / Mechanics of all skill levels, from lube techs and up. If you have experience as a service tech, start your career with us! We are looking for experienced service technicians who can come in and start work immediately. Experience in either domestic or import brands is required.
Excellent Pay Plan!
Signing Bonus for Qualified Techs!
OUR SERVICE BUSINESS IS BOOMING!!
We are hiring for all skill levels and are willing to provide training to the right candidates for ongoing training and certifications. Previous service tech experience is required.
People who come to work here, stay here! Enjoy working in our family-owned, award-winning dealership environment. We represent nine of the industry’s top brands -- Ford, Toyota, Lexus, Audi, Cadillac, Buick and GMC.
2017- Awarded South Carolina “TIME” dealer of the year!
- 5-day Work Week!
- Matching Holiday Bonus Program
- EXCELLENT compensation plan!
- Signing Bonus for experienced, Qualified Techs!
- Employee discounts on products and services
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Advancement Opportunities and training
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- No Sundays
- State-of-the-art, CLIMATE-CONTROLLED facility
Job Description - Service Technician:
Service Technicians / Mechanics are responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealership service center and factory standards.
Responsibilities - Service Technician:
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy in accordance with dealership and factory standards
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required. Notify service advisor immediately if additional work outlined is not needed or required
- Notify service advisor immediately if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised
- Document work performed
- Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins
- Ensure that customer's cars are kept clean
- Keep shop area neat, clean and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor
Qualifications - Service Technician:
- Experience as a Service Technician is required
- Certified Techs are preferred, but we will train the right candidates!
- Must be a team player
- Resume must be uploaded
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
- Applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.