- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Ethically minded, mission driven.
At JGMS Government Services, LLC, we provide applied technology, engineering, science, and management services to government and private sector clients nationwide. As a diverse team of professionals, we are focused on meeting the needs of our clients and following through with real solutions that effectively and efficiently meet all budgetary and scheduling requirements. As a member of the JGMS-GS team, you will be involved in a growing, dynamic organization that is developing new client solutions to benefit our environment and economy.
JGMS-GS is currently recruiting for a Cost Estimator/Planner to assist JGMS-GS in current Federal Projects.
Scope of Work- This position plans, conducts and oversees assignments. Advanced knowledge is necessary to provide cost estimating support to JGMS-GS on capital and minor construction projects in the $50-$200 Million range including large-scale upgrades, research and development (R&D) laboratory renovations, typical engineering, construction, demolition and large real property maintenance & repair projects. Support includes the preparation and development of complex, multi-disciplined, detail costed estimates and value engineering.
Position Responsibilities for the Cost Estimator/Planner include:
- Leads cost estimating for projects capital and and minor construction.
- Proficiency with cost estimating software and industry standard construction estimating software such as SUCCESS Mll, or Sage/Timberline.
- Manages multiple cost estimates of increasing scope and risk.
- Creates and maintains a cost estimating database to capture actual costs and uses these to inform future cost estimates.
- Utilize knowledge of cost engineering, engineering and construction practices, mechanical and electrical systems, design activities, escalation, risk management, management reserve/contingency applications.
- Provide value engineering, life cycle costing, and other engineering techniques to assess cost options and accomplish construction quantity takeoffs from non-documented sources, sketches and engineering drawings.
- Promotes and develops new cost estimating techniques and develops and executes plans to improve JGMS-GS's cost estimating function and associated deliverables.
- Follow all ESH&Q policies and procedures to ensure and maintain a safe working environment.
- Read and analyze blueprints and create scope of work documents for cost estimate basis and back up justification.
- Produce reports and documents for Client approval, facilitate meetings as necessary, present information to Clients, and review project cost estimates.
- Ensure project estimates are accurate and complete with proper supporting documentation.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or similar and 5 or more years of progressive estimating with commercial, institutional or federal projects. Experience with USACE and DOE cost estimating principles and regulations is preferred.
Security - Must be able to obtain Federal Site Security access.
Certification Requirement - AACE/Certified Estimating Professional, Certified Cost Professional, PMI/PMP, EI/PE, similar relevant professional certification is desired. The ability to obtain a Professional Cost Estimator/Analyst Certification is required within 1 year.
Additional Physical Demands & Working Conditions - This position may require the employee to occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or climb steps, ladders or scaffolds. Employee may occasionally be exposed to the outdoors and variable weather conditions. Position requires periodic travel to conduct site visits; as well as collecting/delivering project materials to and from local project sites.
JGMS-GS is dedicated to the principles of equal opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicant or employees on the basis of age (40 and over), race, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all applicants, employees, including manager, supervisors, co-workers and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, or any other entity in professional contact with the Company.
JGMS Government Services, LLCWhy Work Here?
We take pride in promoting a healthy work-life balance, family-friendly benefits, servant leadership, team values, and professional growth.
Ethically minded, mission driven. At JGMS Government Services, LLC. (JGMS-GS) we provide applied technology, engineering, science, and management services to government and private sector clients nationwide. As a diverse team of professionals, we are focused on meeting the needs of our clients and following through with real solutions that effectively and efficiently meet all budgetary and scheduling requirements. As a member of the JGMS-GS team, you will be involved in a growing, dynamic organization that is developing new client solutions to benefit our environment and economy.