POSITION: Licensed Clinical Social Worker
TYPE: (will start part-time and move to full-time)
SALARY: (depends on experience)
The Outpatient Therapist (OT), under the direction and clinical supervision of the Director of Outpatient Behavioral Health at JFS Delaware, is responsible for providing assessment and therapy services for children, adolescents, and adults. The therapist is responsible for functions of coordinating, managing, supporting, and facilitating appropriate services to meet the needs of individual clients. It is necessary to be technologically proficient and able to work with Telehealth platforms, as well as be willing to provide services in office settings.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop initial assessments of individual treatment needs by way of one-on-one sessions and use of any records that are sent by referral entities
- Therapy services may include case management, individual, couples and/or family therapy, and group services based on therapist and practice goals. Assessment services may include a wide range of testing based on clinician’s expertise.
- Conduct treatment planning and treatment plan reviews for assigned clients in a clinically appropriate and timely fashion, according to protocol.
- In collaboration with the client as well as other resources–including family members, agency representatives, other agencies involved in the individual’s treatment–using behavioral health assessment tools and following guidelines established by regulatory and practice requirements, develop treatment plan goals for assigned individuals.
- Maintain progress notes and progress reports and modify treatment plans according to changes in client status.
- Provide clinically appropriate treatment through individual counseling consistent with the treatment plan goals.
- Utilize individuals’ natural and professional strengths and supports as relevant to assist individuals in meeting their treatment plan goals.
- Maintain chart documentation using EHR according to regulatory and payer requirements.
- Ensure that all required paperwork is completed to standards prior to inspections by payer or regulatory agencies.
- Ability to work with diverse populations with critical and emergency situations
- Understanding of medical and psychosocial issues related to HIV and related conditions (or a demonstrated willingness and interest in learning)
- Professional liability insurance
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and valid insurance
- Adhere to agency core values as stated in Employee Handbook
- Fluency in Spanish would be preferred but is not required.
- Must be a DE-licensed (LCSW, PsyD, PhD) clinician who is self-motivated, warm and genuine, and can provide excellent clinical care in an outpatient setting.
- Must have experience working with adults using a multitude of strength-based approaches and evidence-based therapeutic interventions such as TF-CBT and expressive therapies. Ideally, this candidate will have experience working with chronic health conditions, addiction, and trauma in their clinical experience.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Must possess excellent client interaction, collaboration, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Outlook
- Must be able to utilize Electronic Health Record (EHR) / Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Demonstrate ability and satisfaction with using telehealth platforms.
- Must be available to work with clients at least two evenings a week
Why Work Here?JFS Delaware is a non-profit agency that provides mental health counseling and support services that strengthen individuals, families and the community. We support people of all backgrounds by assisting families through life transitions, helping youth and children grow stronger and ensuring the safety and dignity of older adults.
Licensed clinical supervision, growth opportunity with a rapidly expanding agency, free CEUs