Chief Information Security Officer
- Posted: over a month ago
We’re the New Terminal One (NTO) at John F. Kennedy International Airport, a bold and exciting project to develop a world class, international terminal that can serve as a global
gateway to the New York metropolitan area and the greater United States. The $9+ billion first phase is the largest single asset project financing in US history.
It will be built on sites now occupied by Terminal 1, Terminal 2, and the former Terminal 3, where it will anchor JFK’s south side. Construction will take place in phases, with the first
phase, including the new arrivals and departures hall and first set of new gates, expected to open in 2026.
NTO will set a new standard for design and service and aspires to obtain a global Top 5 Skytrax rating as one of the finest ten airport terminals in the world.
The New Terminal One will be:
- a 23-gate, state-of-the-art, international-only terminal
- Sustainably designed and future focused
- Featuring expansive, naturally lit public spaces
- Cutting edge technology and an array of amenities
- Designed to enhance the customer experience
- Compete with some of the highest-rated airport terminals in the world.
Who you are:
You are bold and committed, proactive, team player CISO who will be accountable for delivering the end-to-end definition, communication and implementation of the cybersecurity strategy and compliance capabilities needed to minimize the likelihood and impact of Cyber-attacks. The CISO will define, establish, and run a cybersecurity operation to ensure the cyber posture is achieved and maintained for NTO. You will provide strategic leadership to ensure technology outcomes are delivered that enable the vision of Terminal One and support a world class Terminal.
What are we looking for :
- 10+ years of experience in managing complex cybersecurity environments through its full lifecycle.
- Definition, deployment and improvement of security strategies, plans, and governance models in large enterprises and corporations, and in international environments.
- CISSP, CPP, CISA, CISM, ISO 27001, SANS, etc. security certifications will be considered
- Airport/Aviation industry experience as well as previous experience with PANYNJ will be appreciated
- In depth exposure to and experience with IT/OT security with both Cloud and On Prem environments, third parties and vendors.
- Experience auditing applications, services, infrastructure, networks and third parties.
- Proven experience in architecting and managing Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans.
- Experience in Information security governance and regulations (NIST CSF, 27001, ITIL, etc.).
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Passenger Experience, Vendor and Third-Party Security Management
- Customer focused oriented with high emotional intelligence and the ability to build working relationships
- Excellent attention to detail with high level of organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Great leadership skills
- Financial acumen
What will you do :
- Assume the accountability for the information security and compliance program to lead, manage and grow NTO cybersecurity function according to the business needs.
- Define a cybersecurity strategy and operating model that is aligned with our business objectives
- Develop and track a clear cybersecurity plan
- Present regular updates to the executives and the Board of Directors
- Lead security projects including start up and launch of benchmarks and proof of concepts.
- Define and deliver a cybersecurity culture and awareness program for employees and partners
- Define and implement an information assurance framework, ensuring regulatory compliance
- Lead the Cybersecurity operations as well as the monitoring, management and response to cybersecurity and privacy incidents
- Define, deploy, and improve the risk management models.
- Deploy, maintain, and assess of NIST compliant environments.
- Identify and treat risk derived from laws and compliance requirements.
- Review and assess integration of the terminal systems and coordination with Port Authority systems as well as terminal construction management systems.
- Support and Manage customers, passenger experience and vendor provided systems.
Where will you work: This role will start in Lower Manhattan and transition to JFK
What do we offer:
- Group Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401k matching
- Comprehensive online training program
- Discount and Perks through partner programs
Our values and commitment:
New Terminal One at JFK is a consortium of labor, operating and financial partners. NTO will be built by union labor, and we are committed to local inclusion and labor participation with a focus on diversity and capacity-building opportunities, including ambitious goals for creating opportunities for local, minority and women-owned business enterprises (MWBE), and service-disabled veteran-
owned businesses (SDVOB).
We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation,
marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
AddressNew York, NY
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?