- Posted: over a month ago
We’re the New Terminal One (NTO) at John F. Kennedy International Airport, a bold and exciting project to develop a world class, international terminal that can serve as a global
gateway to the New York metropolitan area and the greater United States. The $9+ billion first phase is the largest single asset project financing in US history.
It will be built on sites now occupied by Terminal 1, Terminal 2, and the former Terminal 3, where it will anchor JFK’s south side. Construction will take place in phases, with the first
phase, including the new arrivals and departures hall and first set of new gates, expected to open in 2026.
NTO will set a new standard for design and service and aspires to obtain a global Top 5 Skytrax rating as one of the finest ten airport terminals in the world.
The New Terminal One will be:
- a 23-gate, state-of-the-art, international-only terminal
- Sustainably designed and future focused
- Featuring expansive, naturally lit public spaces
- Cutting edge technology and an array of amenities
- Designed to enhance the customer experience
- Compete with some of the highest-rated airport terminals in the world.
Who you are:
You are bold and committed, hardworking and proactive CIO who is a strategic and impactful leader, with enterprise scale and excellent leadership and manager skills, able to influence the New Terminal One Executive Committee and to be part of the NTO leadership team. You will provide strategic leadership to ensure technology outcomes are delivered that enable the vision of Terminal One and support a world class Terminal.
What are we looking for:
- An experienced Technology leader who has successfully delivered technological business transformation, ideally in a regulated environment.
- Airport Experience is must
- Demonstratable experience of developing and improving IT services, managing risk and maintaining resilience and cyber posture.
- Has delivered complex IT services, supporting systems and infrastructure in a multi-vendor and capability environment.
- Has strong business, finance and commercial acumen and experience of managing large budgets
- Can identify the potential of technology and how to turn it into business value
- Can demonstrate delivering cloud and digital technologies
- Can inspire, lead teams, collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders to achieve great results.
- Experience in network WAN/LAN design, implementation, and maintenance
- Demonstrated experience with network firewalls and other security appliances, and secure communications including VPN technologies along with security & compliance & network performance
- Experience with System Design/Administration/Integrations/Implementations/Support
- Knowledge of on prem and cloud-based server infrastructure (Active Directory and Windows Servers, Azure, AWS)
- Demonstrated experience planning, designing, implementing, and maintaining virtualized infrastructure and connected storage arrays (VMware & Hyper-V).
- Experience with project-based planning, architecting and delivery,
- Experience working with teams using ITIL and ITSM frameworks.
- Strategic thinking skills and ability to do tactical execution
- Costumer focused oriented
- High emotional intelligence with strong management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- College 4-year Degree in IT and/or 5 years of managing experience. -
- Deep Management experience with a similar role of head of IT
- Industry certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, Security, ITIL)
- Project management certifications and Project Management experience would be an asset.
- At least 2 of the following certifications:
Microsoft Azure Certifications
What will you do:
- Act as the single point of Technology accountability at the New Terminal One
- Take a leading role in delivering a digital strategy that powers the long-term success of the New Terminal One
- Lead the Technology teams (Direct and indirect) and develop, build and implement an agile organization with the skills and capabilities required to support the New Terminal One objectives. Including the governance and oversight of technology suppliers.
- Create a team culture that takes the initiative and aligns to the company’s vision and values, professional, resilient, purpose and outcome driven. Works with the people team to develop the opportunity to attract and retain top talent.
- Own and drive all aspects of technology fiscal management, including setting and gaining approval for the technology investment plans that are required to deliver the roadmap and strategy
- Set and drive world class standards, championing a culture of collaboration and cooperation with colleagues and vendors alike.
Strategy & Roadmap
- Set and deliver the strategic technology direction, working collaboratively with senior executives; establishing technology direction, standards, best practices and policies.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and communicate the IT and OT strategy, ensuring strong alignment to Group and Corporate IT programs and the broader business strategy
· Work with/lead the CISO and business leaders to prioritize and deliver Cyber and physical security outcomes to protect the business.
- Bring new thinking and develop new capabilities in areas such as data, analytics, Digital and show the wider business the value in adopting modern technology.
- Deliver a digital and product focused operating model that can exploit data to provide great customer experience, resource management and intelligent asset management.
IT, OT Systems & Security
- Primarily responsible for all IT infrastructure and communication systems required for business operations. This includes (but is not limited to) the local LAN and WAN networks, wireless networks, communications, both on prem and cloud servers and storage, backups, printing & security systems. It also includes all Operational Technology (OT) systems, third party systems and vendors needed to properly run operations of the business.
- Partner with business and technology leaders and staff to design and manage highly available, complex, secure, enterprise infrastructure, and associated components, including servers, storage, network, and virtualized systems.
- Regularly review and, as appropriate, rationalize the technology and other systems utilized, in order to deliver more efficient and effective services.
- Maintain IT compliance with regulatory requirements including HIPAA, ISO and PCI. Manage Capex and Opex IT & OT budgets.
- Ensures consistent and effective delivery of services while maintaining compliance with corporate policies and procedures
- Maintains documentation of sites, equipment, software, processes, and procedures.
Passenger Experience, Vendor and Third-Party Management
- Integration of the terminal systems and coordination and integration with Port Authority systems.
- Coordination and interface with terminal construction management systems.
- Support and Manage customers, passenger, vendor provided systems ensuring a great passenger experience.
Where will you work: This role will start in Lower Manhattan and transition to JFK
What do we offer:
- Group Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401k matching
- Comprehensive online training program
- Discount and Perks through partner programs
Our values and commitment:
New Terminal One at JFK is a consortium of labor, operating and financial partners. NTO will be built by union labor, and we are committed to local inclusion and labor participation with a focus on diversity and capacity-building opportunities, including ambitious goals for creating opportunities for local, minority and women-owned business enterprises (MWBE), and service-disabled veteran-
owned businesses (SDVOB).
We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation,
marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
AddressNew York, NY
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?