Step 3: Read the job description and job requirements. If you wish to apply, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the Apply Button.
Jewish Family & Career Services (JF&CS) is a human service agency providing professionally delivered services to individuals and families of all religions, cultures, ages and lifestyles that support self-determination and self-sufficiency. Our vast array of services and programs serve a diverse population. People come to us knowing we will do our best to help them or to point them in the right direction. We hold these values close to our heart:
Commitment and Integrity
Compassion and Respect
Innovation and Collaboration
Responsiveness to Diverse Needs
The Ben Massell Dental Clinic is a fast-paced state of the art dental facility with over 100 volunteer dentists providing quality dental care to indigent individuals in Metro Atlanta. The clinic has 15 operatories and the absolute latest in dental equipment. The clinic has an opening for a full time dental assistant. Applicant must be knowledgeable of dental procedures and instruments. Guides and maintenance records for equipment care. Must maintain organizational practices and ability to add positive grow to the dental team. Along with Professionalism, this job also requires Commitment and Integrity, Compassion and Respect, Innovation and Collaboration, and Responsiveness to Diverse needs.
Responsible to the dentist on duty. Facilitates an efficient flow of patients to and from the clinic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides chair-side assistance to the dentist when treating patients, including seating patients, preparing and arranging dental materials and instruments, giving post-operative instructions to patients and/or parents, and preparing room for the next patient.
- Keeps all operatories clean; maintains an adequate stock of materials for the attending dentist.
- Informs supervisor immediately of any deficient equipment or of any unusual requirement of a particular dentist.
- Maintains a card for each attending dentist, outlining the dentist's setup and techniques so that rooms will be properly prepared prior to the dentist's visit.
- Knowledgeable of guides and maintenance records for equipment care.
- Knowledgeable of front desk and telephone procedures.
- Uses sterile techniques and proper procedures in cleaning instruments.
- Knowledgeable of digital x-rays.
- Takes all necessary radiographs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Check all patient's records before dental treatment.
- Turn on vacuum pumps and water in the AM before the clinic opens.
- Turn off vacuum pumps and water in the PM after the clinic closes.
- Follow all rules and protocols (attached).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of a certified dental assistant school.
- Previous work experience as a full time dental assistant at least 2 years
- Applicants must be knowledgeable and experienced in using digital x-ray devices.
CDA-Certified Dental Assistant