Customer Care Quality Engineer
- Posted: May 12, 2022
JEM Technical designs and manufactures custom valves and controls for Fluid Power Applications. (earth-movers, mowers, Utility trucks, farm equipment, skid-steer loaders and attachments, trailers, military dump trucks, snow plows, and material testing systems) We maintain complete control of the process from beginning to end. JEM Technical is committed to advancing OEM and end-users with our Fluid Power and Controls applications.
Located in the Greater Twin Cities Metropolitan Area, JEM Technical offers competitive pay, great benefits, and a supportive teamwork environment.
The Customer Care Quality Engineer participates in maintaining a high level of quality to our customers by effectively managing and coordinating customer quality issues or complaints
Areas of Accountability:
- Manages and addresses JEM related quality issues with customers utilizing the internal quality team and throughout the organization. *
- Initiates and participates in continuous improvement activities with JEM customers. Actively seeking feedback by occasional customer visits. *
- Facilitates and participates in team activities that relate to corrective and preventive actions from customer related quality issues. *
- Manages and reconciles warranty issues with JEM customers. *
- Initiates or coordinates RMA's and Customer Complaints
- Processes, analyzes and dispositions open and pending RMAs while ensuring timely and effective response and closure.
- Provides ongoing support with JEM associates at all levels in resolving product-related customer quality issues. *
- Prepares corrective actions for customers and reports findings to customers and management. *
- Demonstrates leadership and sound judgment when representing JEM Technical and the quality department. *
- Develops and implements company policies, standards, operational procedures and work instructions for performing and documenting quality activities.
- Directly supervisors the RMA Coordinator. Prioritizes and delegates work as appropriate. Verifies work is completed within the appropriate timeframe, budget requirements, quality requirements and safety guidelines. *
- Conducts training or arranges for training of new and current associates to ensure company policies, operational procedures, standards, and work instructions are understood and followed. *
- Complies with all JEM policies and procedures, including ISO, OSHA, and AWAIR requirements. *
- Supports JEM's mission and vision and exemplifies JEM's core values daily. *
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance. *
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS degree in a related field
- Certification as a Fluid Power Specialist or equivalent certification is a plus
- Five to ten years of related experience in a manufacturing and/or quality setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in reading and interpreting engineering drawings, product specifications and schematics required
- Knowledge and experience in Statistical Process Control and problem-solving techniques required
- ISO Certification Training and Internal Auditor Training Certificate preferred
- Effective knowledge of various software applications and computer skills
- Valid Driver's License, ability to drive independently and maintain a safe driving record
- Reliable Transportation
- Ability to travel
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Our Vision and Mission
Our vision, mission and values summarize how we do business and are incorporated in everything we do.
Our Vision: Recognized Leader in the Fluid Power Industry
Our Mission: We design and manufacture custom valves and controls for Fluid Power applications utilizing Innovation with proven Quality.
Our Values: Customer Focused - We continue to build our reputation by providing a rapid response, superior services and technical expertise that satisfies our customers.
Commitment to People - People are the key to our company's success, truly our greatest asset. We treat each other with respect, and foster a caring atmosphere of empowerment, development, and reward.
Accountability for Actions - We take ownership for our actions and commitments. We do what we say and take pride in what we do.
Act with Integrity - We act in an honest and professional manner with open communication. Above all else, we do what's right.
Teamwork to Achieve Goals - We break down barriers and focus toward solutions that meet internal and external goals by utilizing the skills of individuals and promoting collaboration.
ManufacturingView all jobs at JEM Technical