Architectural Engineer - Civil Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
- $55,000 to $65,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision, 401k,
OPT friendly. We support legal immigration but require a BS/BA or MS from a United States University in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering.
We’ll train you, making you an expert, in the emerging field of glass design on modern buildings. You’ll be the expert in the room in 5 years!
A fast-moving career in the emerging field of glass & glazing design of structures on commercial buildings and cities in the USA and Internationally.
You’ll learn: Facade Structural Design, Aluminum design, Structural glass design, New technologies and mixed materials in addition to steel & concrete. Changing design codes, Finite Element Analysis, Blast engineering, Metal Panels, Curtain Wall, Storefront, Glass Rails & Glass Floors. We use the latest software & custom spreadsheets on the most beautiful commercial buildings.
- Designing, analyzing, and commenting on construction details.
- Assisting clients and team members with project objectives, glazing system selection, budgets, and timelines.
- Establishing project goals.
- Identifying and solving problems in building plans, glazing systems and structures.
- Ensuring building glazing systems are functional, reliable, and safe.
- Participating in site visits, as needed.
- Reviewing, recommending testing and evaluating glazing systems to find problems and improvements.
- Reading, interpreting, and explaining complex technical documents.
- Consulting with clients on building projects.
- Developing detailed designs and calculation packages.
- Preparing and implementing project plans.
- Researching and providing estimates for projects.
- Reviewing government regulations, codes and ordinances.
- Monitoring and optimizing safety procedures, production processes, and regulatory compliance.
- Making recommendations or presenting alternative solutions to problems.
- Confidently liaising with clients and other professional subcontractors.
- Project management duties (e.g. managing budgets, resources, and deadlines; acquiring and compiling quotes, etc.).
- B.S., B.A. or M.A. accredited United States based university in Architectural Engineering or Civil Engineering with 3.0 or better G.P.A. (email transcript & hand calc sample)
- Steel Design course required. Connection design a plus. Curtain wall or storefront experience rare, but preferred.
- Familiar with ASCE-7 & IBC.
- Strong conversational English skills for daily client communication, explaining complex information simply.
- Verbal commitment to work from Kansas City office for 5 years.
- OPT or H1 Assistance available.
- Relocation assistance available
Consider the world’s cityscapes. Old vs. new buildings are obvious based on the amount of exterior and interior glass. Increasingly, architects are specifying Jumbo Glass, curves, and complex details to create a world of glazing system design that is changing the face of commercial building construction. Join us in Kansas City. The Midwest has excellent cost of living & community.
Complete design calculation packages for 3- 8 projects at a time of various size and scope. Coordinate with team leaders and manage your own workflow. Overtime and productivity incentives available. Earn a nice living and have work/life balance. Ground floor opportunity with a growing company, based in the United States, working internationally.
Future Cities Are Made of Glass. Jump into the future now.
We're a People Focused, Hard Working & Smart Team.
* We encourage debt free living so we want you to pay down the student loans as fast as possible.
* We offer Medical Insurance with a funded HSA checkbook that can help you leverage the high costs of care to your advantage.
* Receive Tenure Appreciation programs including a $500 entertainment gift at 3 years and a $1,200 trip at 5 years.
* Paid parental leave for men and women.
* 401K with 4% matching and access to free personal money management programs.
* Work/Life balance & Overtime options that are not required.
* Weekly Flex hours for life's little surprises.
* What more do you want? Help us build that.
JEI Structural Engineering
10101 N Ambassador DriveMiami, FL
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?