This position is responsible for the development, delivery, and evaluation of educational curriculum and training for the Customer Experience Business Unit. The position will have responsibility for the students in their program to include daily management, counseling, coaching, and will provide feedback to management for discipline.
* Analyzes training and development needs through research, data collection, focus groups and other methods, resulting in measureable training requirements for technical and soft skills training for small to medium sized training projects.
* Outlines, designs, develops, implements, and evaluates training solutions incorporating job specific performance metrics and appropriate assessments to increase the knowledge, skills, and abilities of learners.
* Leverages a variety of facilitation methodologies including; lectures, roles plays, simulations, case studies, technology based training or e-learning effectively.
* Develops and delivers new hire Customer Experience Training, refresher training, skill based and technical training (new products and systems).
* Modifies and maintains existing instructional materials and tools utilizing sound instructional design processes to ensure accuracy and consistency of content and message.
* Facilitates meetings with stakeholders, subject matter experts, and project teams to identify behavior and performance gaps and implement learning and development solutions.
* Works with Business Analysts and other technical team members to develop processes and procedures in order to document and develop appropriate training for new systems and programs.
* Develops and maintains knowledge base tool for the Customer Experience group; ensures all policies, procedures, and associated content is posted and accessible.
* Supervises the new hire class participants providing coaching, documentation, and performance assessments, based on demonstrated competencies, professionalism, test scores, and phone call monitoring.
* Documents performance that does not meet standard, both tested and observed, and communicates feedback to management for consideration in retain/release decisions of non-performing civil service and temporary employees.
* Assesses and improves the knowledge base of the staff in Customer Experience who directly serve JEAs customers through various training initiatives.
* Leads focus groups, solicits, and researches employee suggestions, and identifies knowledge and process gaps.
* Creates action plans to address identified knowledge and process gaps.
* Partners with management in various areas in order to improve customer impacting processes, policies and procedures.
* Communicates urgent, critical, and complex information in writing ensuring that the information is customized to assist JEAs mission of delivering excellent service.
* Partners with Communications Coordinator to decision and develop appropriate communication vehicles to disseminate information to Customer Experience employees.
* Leads employee engagement activities such as contests, customer driven recognition, and focus groups.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors degree in adult/technical education, business, instructional design, technical writing, or a related field.
Experience: Three (3) years of training experience in any of the following: call center environment, corporate training, instructional design, online training, and/or technical writing. Experience in computer-based course building using training development software (e.g. Articulate, Captivate, etc.) preferred.
An equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training.
License/certifications/registrations: Related instructional design and\or training certifications preferred.
Job: **Customer Service*
Title: Customer Experience Training Specialist
Requisition ID: 11320