3 Month Contract to Hire
About the GCCX Solution Architecture team:
The Solutions Architecture team will be responsible to ensure that business and technical requirements of all customers are satisfied by following GM’s common global standardized work processes throughout a system's entire life cycle, from inception, development through deployment to disposal. The team will focus on the following areas:
This area focuses on developing roadmaps that adhere to GCCX’s overall business and technology roadmap. The roadmaps help ensure projects and sustain align their development with our future vision.
This area focuses on the design of planned projects that have been approved by the business or sustain organization. The team will be responsible to projects throughout the entire application development life cycle. The team will be responsible for the complete solution, provide SME knowledge, adherence to GM standards, NOD’s, and policies. The team will follow GM’s standardized work processes to define, design, develop and deploy the application.
Operational (Sustaining the apps)
This area focuses on the operational health of the application. The team will work with the operations organization to monitor the performance of the application, assess production outages, help determine root cause and final resolution, and identify vulnerabilities and opportunities for application improvements.
About the role:
The Solutions Architect is accountable for the quality and cohesion of application architecture components within a domain or project, their conformance to approved standards, and alignment with target (future-state) enterprise and domain architecture goals. This includes management of specific application architecture initiatives both in terms of evolving the architecture and ensuring compliance to GM architectural standards. Looks across the applications used to support the domain or project to ensure that the architecture of these applications supports the business vision and goals while remaining in compliance with GM standards. Ensures appropriate and effective data integration across the applications within the domain and works to ensure adequate integration across domains where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or Engineering)
- 5-7 years’ experience in systems architecture (8-12 for Sr)
- Must be familiar with modeling and analysis methodologies like UML and DFD
- Must have demonstrable experience in designing both software and hardware sub-systems
- A strong background in hands-on computerized system development including coding experience in a language like Java
- Ability to create system level diagrams (context, logical, physical, deployment…) and the necessary documentation when required
- Must be extremely comfortable defining or reviewing class diagrams, sequence diagrams and object oriented methodologies
- The successful candidate must have comprehensive knowledge of inter-networking concepts such as TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP, firewalls, Local and Wide Area Networks
- Experience with software engineering principles and patterns.
- Ability to create capacity models and capacity plans
- The candidate must be able to develop logical architectures (system, layered, packages, components and class models)
- Experience with failure mode and effects analysis
For Senior Role
- 8-12 years’ experience in systems architecture
- Lead a team of other architect to deliver a large scale system or systems of systems
- Ability to identify and drive to resolution issues and risks
- Ability to make design decisions that balance risk, cost, and architectural purity
- Experience with computerized high availability technologies that include cloud computing, load balancing, clustering, massively horizontally scalable architectures
- Successful candidate should demonstrate strong written/verbal communications, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills
- The candidate must be comfortable with network, database, monitoring, and infrastructure design
- Experience with application configuration and deployment
- Experience with test strategy and planning
- Experience with security architectures and designs
- Mobile application development experience