Job Title: Quality Manager
Reports To: Quality Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Quality Assurance
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Summary: The Quality Manager is responsible for providing leadership to the quality organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Manage/Develop quality team leads/supervisors, quality technicians, lab assistant and micro-technician by providing direct reports with leadership, direction, and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills.
· Develop/Administer the quality control department's budget.
· Oversee quality laboratory operations to ensure that testing of products, packing and ingredients meet specifications as well as ensuring all documentation protocols are followed.
· Coordinate incident management activities at the Plant and serve as Program Owner for the Plant's Documentation, Record Keeping, Audit, SOPs, and Corrective and Preventive Action processes/ programs in collaboration with Quality Assurance Compliance Manager.
· Provide leadership for continuous improvement at the Plant and report quality information as a part of the Management Review.
· Interpret data from routine and non-routine analyses in order to validate what ingredients/materials/finished products meet specifications and approve for shipment to Company plants.
· Troubleshoot equipment (e.g., manufacturing, dispensing equipment), evaluate improvements or determine/justify ways to improve efficiency and life cost.
· Interact with and inform suppliers, internal/external customers, and third party auditors with regard to sample analysis, auditing processes, quality issues/resolutions.
· Serve as Master Sanitation Coordinator, COA Coordinator, MSDS Coordinator and Glass/Brittle Plastics Auditor.
· Manage HPLC Operations and Services.
· Service contract and Troubleshooting for Lab Equipment in collaboration with Quality Technical Manager.
· Assist in Troubleshooting In-Line Testing Equipment.
· Coordinate and Analyze raw data for Process Capabilities.
· Infinity QS Coordinator in collaboration with Quality Technical Manager.
· Cobrix Setup for New Customers in collaboration with Quality Technical Manager.
· TA Method Setup Autotirator in collaboration with Quality Technical Manager.
· Carbo QC Method Management and Audits in collaboration with Quality Technical Manager.
· Manage Workaid/Coding Theories Templates.
· Manage LCR Control while integrating with IQS and SAP. Eliminate manual logging.
· Approving Micro results approval and interpretation.
· Upload necessary documents (currently using FTP site) in timely fashion to meet customer needs.
· Perform internal audits of all department and processing/production areas.
· Manage/Develop Hold and Complaint (Supplier and Customer) Investigations, Dispositions, and Overview Reporting. Improve current processes to make streamlined and ensure quicker turnaround times. Improve processes with warehousing.
· Implement a Corrective Action Effectiveness Report.
· Create COA’s in collaboration with Quality Assurance Compliance Manager.
· Attend New Customer Manufacturing Guideline Reviews and the daily 9:30 Production Meeting.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data;