Youth Development Coordinator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Youth Development Coordinator
Program: Youth Development
Location: 1840 Sutter street, san Francisco, ca 94115
Salary: $ (doe), 40 hours a week plus full medical benefits, some weekends and evenings
About JCYC: JCYC is one of San Francisco’s most successful child and youth development service organizations and serves young people of all racial and socio-economic backgrounds. The organization is guided by diversity, equity and inclusion principals of Representation, Inclusion and Belonging, Employee Growth, Learning Environment, and Intentional Commitment to Participants. JCYC prioritizes the health and well-being of employees with a generous benefits package which includes: 100% coverage of premium medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, 403b retirement plan with an employer match, employer-funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), subsidy for dependent medical care, discounted childcare and much more.
Program & Position Description:
JCYC is seeking a passionate youth development professional to join the organization’s Youth Development team and support the continuous development of young people and increase their capacity to positively contribute to the community. Programs included in JCYC’s youth development department include: Japantown Youth Leaders (JYL), Asian Youth Prevention Services (AYPS), Daly City Prevention Collaborative (DCPC), Tomodachi (Tomo) and Nikkei Community Internship (NCI). For more info, go to www.jcyc.org.
The Youth Development Coordinator is an integral member of the Youth Development Team in managing and supporting the planning and implementation of program curriculum and activities and will report directly to the Director of Youth Development. The ideal candidate will be skilled in working collaboratively with adults and youth and developing strong relationships with stakeholders and community organizations. They will be detail-orientated and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and changing environment. They must be flexible with varying schedules and activities during the week.
Responsibilities of the Youth Development Coordinator include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage all administrative workflow and contract compliance issues for the AYPS, DCPC, JYL, Tomodachi and NCI programs, including sign in sheets, emergency forms, etc.;
- Monitor program budgets;
- Oversee program fundraising activities;
- Attend appropriate meetings and trainings.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise and evaluate direct service staff for youth development programs;
- Oversee professional development for staff and youth, including Tomodachi youth counselor and staff training.
- Manage the identification, recruitment and selection (if appropriate) of participants for the AYPS, DCPC, JYL, Tomo and NCI (SF);
- Oversee the day to day operations of programs including trainings, activities, curriculum implementations, groups, meetings and events to ensure compliance with contract requirements;
- Oversee the completion of program evaluations as required by funder(s) and implementation of JCYC’s continuous improvement process, including collecting/analyzing youth/partner feedback, and developing innovative programming;
- Manage outreach efforts including marketing materials, webpages, etc.;
- Manage relationships with parents and other stakeholders, including issues with participants;
- Collaborate with NCI Regional Coordinators (San Jose & Los Angeles) for program and retreat organizing.
- Participate and support JCYC agency activities;
- Perform other related duties as assigned/needed;
- Participation in evening and weekend meetings and events is required (minimum 1 per month).
- Minimum of 2 or more years’ experience working with diverse population of youth, managing multiple projects and working with a diverse workforce;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in facilitating youth groups;
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting with or without supervision;
- Experience working with community organizations;
- Knowledge of youth development principles/community service learning preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both youth and adults;
- Experience working with diverse youth from a range of backgrounds and circumstances;
- Vehicle access preferred.
- BA/BS from accredited college or four years of related experience.
How to Apply
No Phone Calls Please. Applicants must submit the following: 1) cover letter and 2) résumé
by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About JCYC: The work of JCYC is guided by diversity, equity and inclusion principals of Representation, Inclusion and Belonging, Employee Growth, Learning Environment, and Intentional Commitment to Participants. The organization provides employees a generous benefits package to support their retention, growth and wellness. Benefits include: 100% coverage of premium medical (Kaiser), dental (Ameritas), vision (VSP) and life insurance (UNUM) plans, 403b retirement plan with an employer match, employer-funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), subsidy for dependent medical care, discounted childcare and much more.
PLEASE NOTE: AYPS, DCPC, JYL, NCI and Tomo are programs of JCYC and actively seek to hire and promote individuals, recruit volunteers and provide services to individuals without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religious creed, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or presence of non-job related conditions or disabilities. All employees of JCYC participate in a criminal background investigation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
EducationView all jobs at JCYC