Child and Youth School Counselor
JCS Military Support Services, Inc. Gulfport, MS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Date Posted: 07/23/2021
Education: Masters Degree
We are seeking a Child and Youth Behavioral (CYB) Counselor to work within the school district surrounding Naval Construction Battalion Center Gulfport in Mississippi.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This position has the primary responsibility of providing the full breadth of Child and Youth Behavioral (CYB) counseling services to children of all ages of military service members and their families at military installations.
* Non-medical counseling, training, health and wellness presentations
* Consultation with parent and personnel at child daycare centers and schools
* Consultation to installation command regarding behavioral health issues affecting children and youth.
* CYB counselors who are assigned to DoDEA schools and community schools will need to have experience working in a school setting to qualify for this position.
* CYB counselors may also be assigned to youth programs, summer camps, and on-demand assignments. The counselors work closely with the installation and military branch Points of Contact (POC) to assure that the program is provided within scope, and meets the needs of the installation.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
* Minimum of a Master's Degree (MA/MS/MBA) with study in Behavioral Health
* Independent Clinical MS License
* Miniumum of 2-5 years of post-masters supervised clinical experience
* Licensed at the independent practice level.
* Advanced knowledge of brief therapy and solution-focused child and youth counseling methods.
* CYB counselors must meet the MFLC CYB criteria for experience with children and youth and specialty in child and adolescent development/psychology.
* School assigned counselors must have prior work experience in a school setting to qualify for assignment
* Must be able to prove US Citizenship.
* Prior military service/military family member and/or strong familiarity with military culture
Browse All JCS Military Support Services Careers
JCS Military Support is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Title: Child and Youth School Counselor
Class: Mental Health
Work Type: PERMANENT ONLY
Ref. No.: 1224963-25
Company: JCS MSS, Inc.
Contract Contact: Heather
Office Email: email@example.com
Office Phone: 267-295-2229
Office Address: 950 E Haverford Road, Suite 100A, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
About Us: Registering on JCSMiltiary.com website portal is not a guarantee that contracting opportunities will be available and/or located. Use of our website is for information transfer only and is not an application, offer or commitment by either party. You are under no obligation to proceed. When and if opportunities become available, you may accept or decline such referrals at your sole discretion. Further steps are required to complete your registration with the appropriate legal entity.
JCS Military Support Services, Inc.
Personal CareView all jobs at JCS Military Support Services, Inc.