Plumbing Apprentice/ Helper
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
JCM Associates, Inc. is hiring Apprentice Plumbers for full time year-round positions in commercial mechanical construction projects in the MD, VA, and DC area.
JCM Associates, Inc. provides mechanical services throughout the Washington DC Metropolitan area. We take pride in every project we take on and strive to communicate and accomplish the goals each one of our clients sets out to achieve. These services include new construction, renovation and maintenance of HVAC and Plumbing systems for plan-spec, design-build and design-assist commercial and high-rise residential buildings.
- Works alongside licensed plumber/supervisor daily to complete projects/tasks quickly and efficiently
- Helps diagnose problems and/or failures in plumbing systems
- Cutting and assembling pipes, cleaning water supply and disposal systems
- Assists with installation, repairs, and maintaining chilled water, steam, heat, water, gas, drainage, sewage, and other plumbing systems
- Assists with testing for leaks in new and repairs systems with compressed air and/or water for the purpose of ensuring that items are functional and in safe working conditions
- Follows safety guidelines set forth by the company and Supervisor
- Operates reamers, threading discs, sewer tapes, pipe cutters, snakes, and other plumbing equipment and hand tools
- Assists plumbers with inspecting joints, valves, pumps, boilers, heaters, sinks, commodes, tanks, and other plumbing system components to locate malfunctions, and repairs or replaces as necessary
- Performs preventative maintenance work as required
- One year of verifiable field experience as a Plumber's Helper
- Have own tools
- Ability to understand plans and specifications
- Understands written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Attendance, reliability, dependability and flexibility
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent compensation
- Bonus Eligibility
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Owner-funded retirement plan
- Health, Disability and Life insurance
Job Type: Full Time
JCM offers competitive salary/hourly range reflective of candidate's experience
Drug Free / E.O.E.
JCM AssociatesWashington, DC
Get fresh Plumbing Apprentice/ Helper jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.