- Posted: over a month ago
WHO WE ARE
JCJ Architecture is a full-service planning, architectural and interior design firm working with public and private sector clients nationwide. JCJ has offices in Boston, Hartford, Las Vegas, New York, Phoenix, San Diego, & Tulsa. With more than 85 years of practice and a reputation for stability and sound business practices, JCJ has consistently been ranked in ENR’s top 500 design and top 100 Green Building firms.
WHAT WE DO
At JCJ Architecture, we see design as a collaborative process and work to balance owner/client goals, functional objectives and physical context alongside project scope, constraints and opportunities. Across the practice, our employee-owners work to create places that strengthen communities, businesses and institutions and to design environments that help organizations and individuals thrive.
The firm’s portfolio of experience, comprehensive services and collective knowledge are captured in two overall categories – commercial project types & institutional project types.
WHAT WE OFFER
– 100% Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) (Company-funded retirement plan)
– Exciting & rewarding work
– Highly competitive benefits
– Pay for Performance Philosophy
– Career development & mentorship opportunities
– Incentive Compensation Program
– Hybrid work model
– J.E.D.I mission
– Employee social events
– Employee Assistance Program
– Employee discounts
– Employee Referral Program
– Educational assistance
WHAT WE ARE SEEKING
The Project Manager is responsible for the day to day management and delivery of assigned projects with specific focus on scope, schedule, and budget. The PM is expected to provide day-to-day leadership of the project team and is expected to reinforce the authority of the Design Leader and Document Team Leader on assigned projects to achieve the project goals. Report regularly to Managing Director to maintain up-to-date information upon which to make decisions.
The overall responsibility and project size will increase from PM to Sr. PM.
Eight or more years of experience, licensure preferred but not required, professional degree in architecture from an accredited program.
- Manages multiple small/medium projects, coordinates all aspects of assigned projects, and estimates scope of work.
- Has full responsibility for managing all aspects of multiple small to midsize projects.
- Prepares strategic plans for project success. Responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Serves as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets, and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Actively manages client budgets, schedules, and programs; project communications and documentation; office administrative tasks; and project team assignments. Estimates fees, determines scope of work, and prepares proposals and contracts.
Duties are organized around the components of the JCJ project process as follows:
- Responsible for gathering leadership to define project
- Work with PIC to set project budget, scope and schedule
- Prepare, collect and consolidate information into Project Journal
- Responsible for completing Client Agreement
- Prepare project schedule/plan – establish processes, schedule, and deliverables
- Identify resources/staffing for each phase or task, and duration
- Develop baseline Project Journal incorporating schedule, staffing and projections
- Responsible for completing consultant agreements
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, or construction related field preferred.
- Experience in project management, preferred within construction or architectural related field
- Experience with supervisory management responsibilities.
- PM: 8+ years of experience
- 5+ years as a Project Manager
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
- Professional Registration preferred.
- Advanced Computer and Information Management Skills (Excel, MS Project, Vision or similar project management programs)
JCJ Core Competencies
Respect & Collaboration
Promotes mutual respect, collaboration and teamwork at all levels. Establishes and nurtures an environment that recognizes, accepts, and embraces diverse backgrounds, strengths, resources and talents of our employees.
Integrity & Ethics
Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, conveys good news and bad.
Adaptability & Flexibility
Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs. Shows ability to be flexible and resilient.
Growth & Development
Challenges self to continue to grow professionally, continuing to develop skills, and all JCJ Core Competencies, to the highest extent possible.
Travel to work sites and other offices may be required.
Ability to work overtime.
Available for client issues and communication after hours.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. May be required to work on a job site. While performing the duties on a job site, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is often required to sit; may be required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
If you are passionate about design and believe you can make a strong contribution to a stable and growing firm, please apply!
JCJ Business Corp Inc
ConstructionView all jobs at JCJ Business Corp Inc