Place of Employment: Pucci’s Pharmacy 2821 J Street, Sacramento, CA.
Accountable to Owner
Job Summary: The Pharmacy Technician is a front-line position acting as a representative of JCH Pharmacy Holdings, Inc. d/b/a Pucci’s Pharmacy and providing the products and services offered by the company. The Pharmacy Technician duties are not limited to those listed as the position has a wide scope of duties at times dependent on client needs.
Work Hours: Store hours are Monday through Friday 9am-6pm, Saturday 9am-1pm, Closed Sunday. Working hours will be assigned based on Part-time or Full-time employment and will float across the open hours of the business to ensure adequate coverage for the demands of the business. Working hours will not solely be during the open business hours as duties will require employees to be on the clock prior to and after store business hours.
Duties: The following list of duties are to be performed independently or as a group of duties in the course of working day and are subject to be altered at any time based on the needs of the business.
- Adhere to all rules and regulations as set forth by the California Board of Pharmacy
- Sterilize surfaces and equipment and prepare the pharmacy for opening
- Greet customers and answer questions
- Receive prescriptions and check their validity
- Process prescriptions and ensure all information is complete and accurate
- Resolve issues when they arise (e.g. rejected insurance claims)
- Select the appropriate medicine and measure dosages to fill prescriptions
- Sort, stock, label medication and monitor inventory
- Undertake administrative tasks (e.g.record-keeping) as assigned
- Comply with all security measures and quality standards
- Must be a currently registered California Pharmacy Technician
- Ability to work independently
- Compassionate, patient and caring nature
- Able to work in a stressful environment
- Proven experience as pharmacy technician
- Experience with an online prescription system is a plus
- Knowledge of medication and dosage measurement
- Knowledge of pharmacy law and medical terminology
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Reliable with a keen eye for detail