Packaging Designer / Packaging Engineer
JCEdward Corp New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About the Role:
A privately-owned family company located in Manhattan is looking for a smart, energetic, driven, hardworking individual that is a creative, independent thinker with excellent communication, analytical, and organizational skills with a desire to learn and grow within the cross-section of fashion and cannabis. This role reports directly to a young, smart, discerning CEO of an entrepreneurial, and family-owned packaging business that is experiencing strong growth. A desire to hustle and learn actively and quickly is essential in this role. This position requires an individual that has an extraordinary attention to detail, is able to solve practical problems, and deal simultaneously with a variety of issues and effectively juggle competing priorities.
Job Description - Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Ideate and execute innovative and aesthetically-pleasing packaging design
- Participate in market research to understand market packaging requirements
- Create and maintain product library of dielines, spec sheets, and product digital library in cooperation with various global stakeholders
- Manage sample receiving process: spot check Pantones and artwork against samples received from our product development team overseas, log samples that have been received, work with account managers to relay any sample non-compliance to the product development team overseas, ensure extra samples are filed away appropriately and safely.
- Product photography for marketing and internal purposes.
- Review client artwork to ensure feasibility or propose creative alternative solutions.
- Assist in the creation of client presentations (visuals).
- Assume responsibility of the corporate brand and collateral to ensure uniformity across corporate output.
- This position reports directly to executive management with the expectation of eventually hiring and managing junior designers/engineers
• Intelligent and driven; quick learner; curious, eager;
• Living in the New York City area or nearby;
- Intelligent and driven; quick learner; curious; eager
- BA in industrial engineering and/or vast prior experience in packaging engineering/development
- Significant graphic design experience
- Prior experience in the cosmetic, skin care, hair care, eCommerce, or CPG sectors
- Portfolio of work
Ideal candidate should demonstrate a mastery in these areas:
- 2D and 3D design and modeling
- CAD/CAM experience and expertise in several software platforms
- Fluency in Creative Suite
- Experience with detail and knowledge of innovative design and production of paperboard, plastic, tin, and glass packaging
- Understanding of form & function through the entire supply chain and product lifecycle
- Creating and reading engineered drawings, graphic files, dielines to included detailed and informative call outs
JCEdward CorpWhy Work Here?
Awesome opportunity to learn and grow working with an inspirational, hard-working, and smart CEO in a growing company.
A 25-year-old privately-owned family company located in Manhattan that does custom brand-building packaging for the footwear, apparel, and cannabis industries. Highly reputable and respected by its customers.
171 Madison AvenueNew York, NY