Project Manager and Estimator for Electrical Company
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Analyzing blueprints to determine wire lengths as well as suitable outlet placement based on electrical codes.
- Determining the amount, type, and cost of materials and fixtures needed for each electrical project.
- Determining the amount of labor required to complete each project.
- Determining the potential profitability of electrical projects to assist management in making sound bidding decisions.
- Providing viable solutions to increase project profitability.
- Completing and submitting competitive project bids in accordance with established guidelines.
- Regularly updating cost databases to accurately reflect fluctuating material and labor costs.
- Evaluating labor and material costs to determine whether it is more feasible to construct electrical components or sub-contract the construction of components.
- Deliver projects according to client needs while exceeding expectations
- Develop and preserve a positive business relationship with client while ensuring contractual compliance with all parties
- Lead the development of comprehensive project plans for each assigned project incorporating all requirements, constraints, and opportunities
- Direct all project activities including design, planning, and execution through completion
- Drive new business development opportunities to grow the organization
- Manage financial performance while mitigating exposure to risk
- Provide leadership and support to field teams
- Maintain all project records to ensure relevant information is documented and secured
- Applicants local to New Mexico only
- Completion of a postsecondary education electrician training program.
- Valid electrician’s license.
- The ability to interpret blueprints.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of construction and industry practices, processes, standards, and their impact on project activities
- Ability to multi-task, collaborate with others, set priorities and take initiative
- Demonstrated success leading a team through complex project execution
- Experience managing and leading field-level staff and holding the accountable to project goals
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, presentation skills are a must.
- Bilingual a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree or 10+ years of relative experience
- Knowledge of McCormick Estimating software
- Knowledge of Procore Project Management software
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Science, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field is advantageous.
- Certification through the American Society of Professional Estimators (ASPE) or the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) International is advantageous.
- Health benefits
- Life Insurance
- Generous time-off policy
- Educational incentives
AddressRio Rancho, NM
ConstructionView all jobs at JCE Inc