CAMP - Building & Design Teacher
JCCSF San Francisco, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The JCCSF Summer Camp is now hiring a Building & Design Teacher for 2021!
Summer Camp at the JCCSF offers three-week sessions in both the traditional day camp and specialty camp settings for campers in grades K-8. Summer Camp is in session June 14 - August 13. Our classic day camps feature arts & crafts, STEAM projects, and sports. Specialty camps include visual arts, nature exploration, musical theater, science and more.
The Building and Maker Specialist will create, organize, and implement a three-week session of camp. Builder’s Paradise camp is offered for campers in grades 3 - 5. Campers will be introduced to the world all things “maker” (Lego landscapes, marble runs, Rube Goldberg machines, etc.) through hands-on experience and exploration of design concepts.
The ideal candidate should have strong classroom management skills and must be able to implement a well-rounded Building and Maker curriculum for youth ages 8 - 12.
- Organize and implement Maker Camp curriculum which may include the following:
- Math as it relates to construction and building
- Prepare for and deliver 3 weeks of camp programming, including creating supply lists, curriculum development and teaching daily lessons
- Implement an interactive, age appropriate curriculum
- Supervise general counselors (when applicable)
- Support camper drop-off and pick-up processes
- Provide excellent customer service to camp families by communicating with them about their camper’s experience
- Set-up camp room and cleanup daily
- Implement daily safety check of art making tools.
- Practice personal leadership skills.
- Model appropriate behavior for campers.
- Set clear and consistent limits and resolve behavioral problems with assistance from supervisors.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- At least 1 year as an educator
- Knowledge and ability to explain and facilitate age-appropriate design and tool use skills for elementary school-aged campers.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral.
- Passions for maker projects, informal education and youth programs.
- Knowledge of summer camps preferred.
- Ability to work well both in a team environment and independently.
- Must have enthusiasm, flexibility, and ability to improvise a must.
- Must be 21 years or older.
DATE AND HOUR REQUIREMENTS:
- Paid Staff Training: June 7, 2021 – June 11, 2021
- Summer Direct Service Hours: June 14, 2021 – July 2, 2021
- 8:00am – 4:00pm, Monday – Friday
- 5 hours of prep work available
The JCCSF takes staff and camper health very seriously and has aligned all of our operating procedures with the San Francisco Department of Public Health guidelines. Staff and campers (ages 2+) are required to wear masks all day, except while eating. Each room is set up to allow for social distancing and campers and staff are assigned to stable cohorts that do not mix. Our program support teams clean and disinfect our indoor active spaces after each use, and all public spaces throughout the day. Program staff help to keep the room and supplies clean during the day, and then each space is deep cleaned each day after programming is over.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at JCCSF