A JCC Oakland Afterschool Program Driver provides quality transportation from local Oakland and Berkeley Schools to the JCC for after school child care services. Join a diverse, friendly, inclusive, engaging team of drivers and teachers who are committed to building meaningful and supportive experiences for children. In this position, drivers are flexible, detail-oriented, and intuitive when using defensive driving tactics on the road in a variety of vehicles (mini-vans and youth van buses) from our organizational fleet. We are an equal-opportunity employer, and look forward to reviewing your application for this position.
- Must have experience working with children TK-5th grade
- Be at least 18 years old and a High School graduate.
- Committed to modeling a positive learning environment for all children.
- Ability to work well with others an effective team member.
- Applicant must provide the appropriate documentation to meet California Community Childcare Licensing requirements for this position.
- California Class C Driver’s License required; Class B Driver’s License is especially welcome.
Example of Duties:
- Assist with daily school pick-ups (Oakland drivers must have a valid CA Class C License and show safe driving skills prior to hiring)
- Effectively and professionally communicate with parents/adults.
- Supporting vehicle maintenance, such as taking vehicles into the auto shop for servicing, filling up gas tanks at the gas station, or cleaning interiors/exteriors.
- 1:00pm: Arrive on site.
- 1:15pm – 4:00: Daily routes driving children from school to the JCC afterschool site. Schedule and specific routes may fluctuate depending on programming needs.
Important Note: Prior to confirmation of your employment, you will be required to pass a background check, provide proof of recent negative TB test, and proof of MMR vaccination.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $23.00 /hour