- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
As a San Antonio based buyer you will be in the heart of the manufacturing business in a highly visible role! Your focus will be:
- Negotiating with suppliers globally and ensuring we are always their top priority
- Communicating with operational teams and managing escalations from Material, Quality & New Product Teams
- Research, validate and approve suppliers for supply of materials
- Research requirements (technical, commercial and volume), compile supplier bid lists, compile bid packages, solicit offers, negotiate contract terms, nominate vendors and issue Blanket Purchase Orders or Master Supply Agreements
- Monitor supplier adherence to timing and cost objectives for tooling and materials, and mitigate identified risks. Validate production approval (ISIR / PPAP) and hand over contract maintenance to tactical buyer
- Responsible for constant cost reductions and fulfilment of supplier capacity requirements through commercial negotiations; process, product and material improvements; technology improvements; supplier investments; in-sourcing, re-sourcing and out-sourcing
- Coordinate supplier communication in a timely fashion with internal customers in Engineering, Production Control, Marketing, Manufacturing, Finance, JCB Management and external customers such as suppliers and service providers for all supplier matters
- Lead Supplier Escalation Campaigns where poor supplier performance threatens project objectives, production goals, quality objectives and or cost objectives
Purchasing is a place for outgoing people who are excited by the idea of meeting suppliers to negotiate high value deals!
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
- Must pass any drug screens, background checks and applicable pre-employments tests
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business and with 5 years strategic purchasing experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and ERP Purchasing system (preferably SAP)
- Language: English and Spanish
- Demonstrated ability to delegate and manage tasks issued to independent reports such as suppliers and cross functional team members
- Project Coordination
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with all levels of management
- Skilled in project management, reporting and presenting information, and statistical analysis
- Practiced in negotiations and conflict resolution
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, standards and specifications
- Experience with the product development process from ‘Concept’ to ‘Production Release’ (ISIR/PPAP)
- Knowledge of industrial and quality principles, including: process layout, standard operating procedures, SPC (Cpk, Cmk, Ppk), PFMEA, Lean Six Sigma, APQP, 5S, ISO TS16949, ISO 14000, DG&T, etc.
- Knowledge of product costing, accounting in a manufacturing environment, commodity pricing and foreign currency rates
- Knowledge of international trade requirements for importing and exporting products
- Understanding of implications and challenges related to domestic and international sourcing
- Experience with standard practices, legal requirements and international purchasing terms and conditions
- Office environment
- Up to 20% Travel
JCB is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. JCB complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. EEO EMPLOYER/VET/DISABLED
JCB is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, JCB offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our website at https://www.jcb.com/en-gb/about/careers
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We are pleased to provide career growth and development opportunities to successful candidates as our organization continues to grow in the US.
We are incredibly proud to play a role in Building, Feeding and Defending America as we produce construction equipment which can be found on sites across the USA, agricultural equipment to aid our farmers and military equipment which serves to support and protect our service men and women around the globe!
JCB Inc.San Antonio, TX
BusinessView All JCB Inc. Jobs
Get fresh Buyer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.