Data Systems Business Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for a Data Systems Business Manager who will be responsible for overseeing data governance definitions and prioritization for product information management and manage and guide project tasks to completion.
This person will be in a crucial position in the further development and maintenance of Product Information Management (PIM) and Digital Asset Management (DAM) systems along with driving long-term data governance, syndication, and end user consumption strategy.
This role will also be responsible for working with business owners, data stewards, third party vendors and technical staff to gather business requirements, implement data cleansing plans and continuous improvement processes, and participate in the root cause analyses of data quality issues.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Taking ownership of the development, configuration, and continuous improvement of Stibo STEP PDM solutions.
- Establishing PIM (Stibo STEP) and DAM (Open Text Media Manager) requirements, workflows, and data standards including taxonomy, hierarchy, attributes, assets and metadata requirements.
- Configuration and development of Stibo STEP and DAM solution components such as business rules, workflows, imports, exports, Web UIs, end points, as needed.
- Providing oversight, monitoring and management of PMDM application data flows and processes.
- Managing PIM and DAM team project requests including issue resolution (ad-hoc requests) in a SmartSheets platform.
- Overseeing the creation and maintenance of Data Flow Mapping, Business Rules, User Access, and Data Dictionaries documentation, etc.
- Responsible for the implementation and ongoing monitoring of data quality and business rules across the product MDM via scorecard or similar.
- Responsible for supporting development of data quality framework including policies, processes, quality measures, information standards, and requirements.
- Responsible for product syndication to multiple internal and external systems including e-commerce and digital catalogs.
- Perform system administration of the PIM and DAM application including internal application training, working with software vendor to resolve reported issues and monitoring system performance.
- Works closely with internal IT and development teams to ensure proper data flow to both public and authenticated websites.
- Work with functional input providers (Marketing, Engineering, Warranty) of the PIM and DAM to ensure that submissions follow agreed upon validation procedures.
- Coordinate data mapping and data translation activities for PIM and DAM, working to increase accuracy and automation.
- Extract data from multiple sources, standardize the data, and eliminate internal redundancies of manual input to create consistency.
- Create ongoing scorecards with appropriate metadata and quality information and present at governance meetings.
- Provide support and oversight for data steward initiatives.
- Oversee analysis and design of product data-centric solutions.
- Mentor, train, lead, and supervise the work of Product Content Specialists and Governance Analysts.
- Perform additional projects/duties to support ongoing business needs.
Knowledge and Technical Skills Needed for this role include:
- PMDM Stibo STEP and Open Text Media Manager technical and administration experience including systems configuration and components/platform development, business rules management, change control management, etc.
- Knowledge of PMDM integrations with business application using Batch process, API/Services Framework & message queues.
- Knowledge of SQL and querying data structures. (Oracle knowledge is a plus)
- Strong understanding of database design and taxonomies.
- Knowledge of commonly used data interchange formats such as JSON, XML.
- Demonstrated analytical, quantitative, and creative critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, Advanced Excel, iSeries AS400 platform. (SAP knowledge a plus)
- Understanding of ecommerce and strategies to improve customer facing product data and experiences.
- Proven experience gathering business requirements and building complex process flows.
Experience needed for Success in the role:
- 5+ years of Direct experience with PMDM and/or Digital Asset Management, Cloud PMDM a plus.
- Proficiency in Data Profiling, Data Mappings, Data Validation, Hierarchy Management, Match and Merge rules and supporting data stewards.
- Previous experience managing a team.
- 5+ Years of project management.
- Demonstrated Data Analysis skills.
- Working with Marketing to develop digital strategies that enhance customer’s experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Analytics
- Stibo or other product software architecture and management certifications a plus and may be required to obtain post-hire
MUST be US Citizen OR Green Card Holder.
Get fresh Senior Business Systems Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!