Research Associate II-Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JBS International, Inc., a North Bethesda health and human services consulting firm, seeks a mixed methods Research Associate II to join a fast-paced multidisciplinary research team to conduct health and behavioral health-related research and evaluation for Federal (e.g., Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services [CMS], Health Resources and Services Administration) and other clients.
The Research Associate II will apply their analytical expertise to direct research and evaluation activities including leading quantitative and qualitative data collection efforts, data management, statistical analysis, qualitative analysis, report writing, and presentation. The Research Associate II will proactively seek out ways to assist clients and project teams by identifying and proposing appropriate solutions and services that can be provided by JBS to the client. This team member will coordinate with the Center Lead to identify and pursue new business opportunities, participate in capture planning, as well as participate in proposal development. The successful candidate will enjoy a collaborative work environment while also having the ability to work independently.
Additional Requirements: This person will need to pass a drug screening, client background check. You must have lived 3 of that last 5 years within the United States.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Research and Evaluation Activities
- Leads design of quantitative data collection tools and development analysis plans
- Directs collection and maintenance of project-specific data and operates data entry systems (e.g., MS Access and Excel)
- Oversees extraction of quantitative data from primary and/or secondary data sources (e.g., CMS claims data, surveys, performance measure databases, progress reports, publicly available data sets)
- Directs implementation of procedures for data cleaning and data analysis (e.g., codebooks, documentation of analytic procedures)
- Interprets quantitative results
- Conducts moderate to advanced statistical analysis using statistical software programs (e.g., SAS, SPSS, Stata, or R) to illustrate results and make them understandable by project staff or clients
- Provides expertise for both basic to advanced analyses which may include statistical analyses used for experimental and quasi-experimental designs (e.g., multi-level modeling, structural equation modeling, longitudinal analyses, latent class analysis).
- Directs implementation of qualitative protocols and qualitative instrumentation
- Oversees collection and maintenance of project-specific qualitative data, codes qualitative data, conducts qualitative analysis, and interprets findings
- Directs extraction of qualitative data from primary and/or secondary data sources (e.g., surveys, performance measure databases, progress reports)
- Oversees literature searches and synthesis of information for use in the creation of instrumentation.
- Attends project-related meetings
- May give presentations at meetings, trainings, and conferences
- Prepares high-quality materials for clients
- Responds verbally and in writing to questions and concerns
- Leads conversion of data outputs to charts, tables, infographics, and text for use in presentations and reports
- Develops issue briefs, case studies, white papers and other materials to convey study findings, best practices, and recommendations to a wide audience
- In collaboration with Center Lead, supports business development efforts including identifying opportunities, capture planning, as well as proposal development (e.g., drafting and/or finalizing proposal documents).
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Master’s in public health-related field (e.g., Sociology, Statistics, Education, Social Sciences, Psychology) with coursework in statistics.
Language: English fluency (oral and written)
Experience: Five years of relevant experience conducting health and/or behavioral health-related research and evaluation including expertise using SAS for data analysis activities (e.g., syntax writing/coding; conducting descriptive statistics, correlations, t-tests) to proficiency Specific experience conducting analysis of CMS Medicare claims data. Experience conducting literature reviews and synthesizing information for use in the creation of instrumentation.
Knowledge: Knowledge of research and evaluation design, statistical analysis techniques and familiarity with survey methods.
Soft Skills: Ability to communicate effectively (orally and written). Ability to work independently or collaboratively with a team. Ability to work in fast paced environment with multiple, concurrent deadlines.
Software Proficiency: Data analytic software including SAS for quantitative data. Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint.
Location: North Bethesda or Remote
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience: Experience with CMS Medicaid claims data.
Software Proficiency: SPSS and/or R for quantitative data; data visualization software; qualitative data analytic software (e.g., ATLAS.ti); Alchemer or other online survey services.
Knowledge: Understanding of Medicare fee-for-service program and its claims data.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED: This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at EEOPost.pdf.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Get fresh Research Consultant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.