- Posted: over a month ago
As the Executive Assistant to the President and to the VP of Operations, you will support a wide range of operational and project-based tasks while providing right arm support to a busy team. You will serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President. You will also serve as a liaison to BCBSSC, the Celerian Group and senior management teams; organize and coordinate executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversee special projects. You will also serve as a member of the JBS Operations team, supporting internal programs, communications, and monitoring goals and actions. You must be creative and enjoy working within a mission-driven, results-driven and community-oriented organization. The ideal candidate has the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. You will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to manage a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. To thrive in this job, you will need a keen attention to detail coupled with strong organizational skills. You must be of irrefutable integrity, as they will have access to sensitive business and legal information which will be required to keep confidential.
***This position is a hybrid role reporting into our North Bethesda office***
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures the President’s and the VO of Operation's schedule are followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the President’s time and office.
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the President with senior management on matters related to President’s programmatic initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President's office and internal departments, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the President to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated.
- Takes on special assignments on occasion to improve systems and processes and routinely collaborates with operational departments.
- Provides leadership in building relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects for the President, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the President’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures and during non-business hours
Board Support and Liaison
- Serves as the President's administrative liaison to BCBSSC and Celerian Group leadership
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all BCBSSC and Celerian Group staff
- Adheres to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding BCBSSC Board Meetings including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
Senior Management Liaison
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings, attending all meetings, and preparing meeting summaries and action steps
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all- staff meetings
- Facilitates communication among all Center Leads and Senior Management
Communications, Partnerships, and Outreach
- Ensures that the President's bio up to date and responds to requests for materials regarding the President and the organization in general
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders
- Works with the Corporate Communication team in coordinating the President's outreach activities via social media outlets, intranet (Insider) and corporate website
- Follows up on contacts made by the President and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
- Edits all, and creates holiday and other special event letters from the President
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Bachelor's degree required
Language: English fluency (oral and written)
Experience: 7 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a federal consulting environment. Experience in internal and external communications and partnership development.
Knowledge: Proven ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors. Proven ability to manage confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
Skills: Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail. Very strong interpersonal skills. Expert level written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability. Emotional maturity. Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently. Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
Software Proficiency: Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), Microsoft Teams, Microsoft SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, Zoom, Social Media Web Platforms. Familiarity with EA tools, applications and programs that support high performance.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATONS:
Software Proficiency: Preferred proficiency in data analytics and dashboard creation with software such as Power BI and Smartsheet.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED: This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at EEOPost.pdf.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?