Business Systems Analyst (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Business Systems Analyst (BA) translates high-level business requirements into more specific functional requirements and provides detailed specifications to the development team and will support two different projects.
The Child Welfare Reviews Project (CWRP) project works in an agile environment with several applications and consists of a team of developers, designers, testers, and system admins. The Opioid Treatment Program (OTP) project is currently in O&M but expects to move into refactoring development in the near future. OTP currently has only one developer; BA will be responsible for all QA, testing, and verification.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collect, document, and analyze business requirements and technical requirements
- Understand end-to-end client business processes
- Translate requirements and scenarios into User Stories (in Jira) with testable acceptance criteria and relevant documentation
- Create and assign Jira tickets
- Plan and conduct usability, QA, and User Experience (UX) testing
- Verify updates
- Communicate development or design flaws along with the required corrections
- Support daily communication with the client, including, but not limited, managing requests, sending clarifying questions, assigning tickets, and following-up with status
- Assist coordinating stakeholders, subject matter experts, and system users or clients, in collecting feedback to inform and help prioritize bug fixes or future system enhancements
- Support and track monthly Operating System (OS) and Web Application Scans (WAS) vulnerability scanning, remediation, and reporting
- Create and support upkeep of user-facing guidance materials
- Serve as liaison with JBS PMO office to pool resources, share best practices or innovations, and support general JBS business development efforts, as needed.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS CWRP:
- Coordinate agile status meetings and assist in implementing process improvements
- Create diagrams, prototypes, use cases, testing scenarios, and internal reference materials
- Maintain and update team templates, tracking documentation, and application change logs
- Support the tracking of software and component version updates and license installation and renewals
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS OTP:
- Attend monthly client meetings, report out on ticket status, and take notes
- Be available to test production environment during off hours, at the request of the client, developer, or project director
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of 3 years of business analyst experience related to software, web application, and other types of IT tools development (requirement gathering and analysis, design, testing, and documentation).
- Experience with agile methodologies, principles, and procedures.
- Familiarity with principles of UX/UI as well as Section 508 compliance.
- Familiarity with Human-Centered Design (HCD)
- Familiarity with compliance standards such as NIST, CMMI, ISO, etc.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Solid knowledge of agile development, test, release, and support processes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to balance high quality standards with demanding schedules.
- Work well in a cross-functional team environment.
- Resourceful, self-starter, flexible, proactive, and customer oriented.
- Organized in tracking and documenting decisions on multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Prioritize, and work on multiple initiatives with minimal guidance.
Software Proficiency: Relevant experience with at least two (2) of the following tools:
- Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and others as needed to produce project artifacts to communicate complex topics to the team and our customers.
- Requirements and Issue Management tools (e.g. Jira, TFS, Bugzilla).
- Familiarity with Jenkins, BitBucket, Git
- MS Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook calendar
- English fluency (oral and written)
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position, nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.
After submitting your application, our recruiting team will review your resume to ensure you meet the qualifications. Management will be conducting interviews with those candidates who qualify, with prioritization given to those candidates who demonstrate the preferred qualifications
JBS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at EEOPost.pdf. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, citizenship status, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related conditions, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression), marital status, physical or mental disability, family responsibilities, creed, personal appearance, political affiliation, matriculation, genetic information (including family medical history), veteran status, disabled veteran or a veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
BusinessView all jobs at JBS International
Get fresh Senior Business Systems Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.