Relocation Assistance Available
With approximately 2,900 employees, JBS Food Canada ULC (“JBS Canada”) is one of the largest employers in southern Alberta and one of Canada's largest beef processors. Consisting of three locations—the Head Office and a Case Ready plant, both based in Calgary, Alberta, as well as a processing facility in Brooks, Alberta, where approximately 4,200 head of cattle are harvested and processed daily. The JBS Canada Brooks facility has the capacity to produce products ranging from boxed beef primals, ground beef, beef trimmings, beef by-products and hides which are shipped across Canada and worldwide. At the multi-protein Mountain Creek Farms case-ready facility in Calgary, JBS Canada produces value-added products including marinated, portion sized, multi-pack options, kebabs and much more.
JBS Canada is seeking an experienced, ambitious and diligent Maintenance Supervisor to join our team In Brooks, Alberta. This role is responsible for the safe maintenance and repairs of plant equipment and systems to ensure optimum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
NOTE: This role is located in Brooks, Alberta.
- Supervise plant maintenance personnel, and be responsible for planning, leading, organizing, controlling co-ordinating, scheduling and assigning all work requirements associated with breakdown, preventative maintenance, predictive technologies, project and day to day work orders while ensuring compliance with all internal and external regulations in maintenance.
- Provide immediate response to operational maintenance concerns and communicate directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in all areas to minimize interruptions in production.
- Maintain accurate records of management, operations and maintenance through compliance with company policies, procedures and property loss programs.
- Supervise repairs/projects carried out by Maintenance personnel and Contractors and ensure the quality of their work and their adherence to deadlines through rigorous follow-ups;
- Plan and control expenditures in accordance with the operating budget of the department;
- Maintain safety, health and environmental policies and procedures while ensuring compliancy with all regulations pertaining to the maintenance department are met at all times.
- Educational background in mechanical or engineering technology (diploma or degree), and coupled with a Journeyman Trade Designation (or equivalent) is considered an asset.
- Three years supervision experience in the maintenance and/or operation of process manufacturing facility in a fast paced unionized environment. Consideration will be given to candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In depth knowledge of a continuous process manufacturing facility and strong experience with equipment overhaul, machining, pneumatics, hydraulics and, piping repairs with maintenance of processing equipment is considered an asset.
- Experience with Process Improvement Methodologies (Six Sigma, TPM, etc.)
- Experience driving Preventative Maintenance Systems
- Willingness and flexibility to work in any shift as scheduled (afternoon shift/weekends)
- Excellent planning, analytical and organizational skills
- Excel interpersonal, communication, leadership skills and the ability to work in a team
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Windows and MS Office suite.
Work Site Environment: Noisy, Odours, Hot, Cold/refrigerated.
Please note that Applicants may be subject to drug and alcohol testing. If an Applicant is requested to take a drug and alcohol test, any offer of employment to the Applicant will be conditional upon passing the drug and alcohol test
Earn Competitive Wage
Exceptional Benefits including:
Competitive Wage | Relocation Assistance | Extended Health/Medical Benefit | Group Life & Accidental Death Insurance | Long Term Disability | Vision/Dental Care | Employee Beef Purchasing Program | Voluntary Employee RRSP Contributions | Employer RRSP Contributions | Medical Clinic on-site | Career Growth and Continued Training
JBS Food Canada ULC.
PO Box 1868
Brooks AB T1R 1C6
Apply online https://jbsfoodcanada.ca/