With approximately 3,300 employees, JBS Food Canada ULC (JBS Canada) is one of Canada's largest beef processors. Consisting of four locations—the main processing facility located in Brooks, Alberta, where approximately 4,200 head of cattle are harvested and processed daily; the Head Office and a case ready plant, both based in Calgary, Alberta; and JBS Ontario, a case ready plant located in Belleville, Ontario. The JBS Canada facility in Brooks has the capacity to produce products ranging from boxed beef primals, ground beef, beef trimmings, beef by-products and hides which are shipped across Canada and worldwide. At the multi-protein Mountain Creek Farms case-ready facility in Calgary, JBS Canada produces value-added products including marinated, portion sized, multi-pack options, kebabs and much more. JBS Ontario in Belleville produces fresh meat and seafood products for leading retailers in Canada.
At JBS Canada, our people are our greatest asset. We are very proud to have a team of high achieving, engaged employees. We are currently seeking a Junior Accountant to join our team at our JBS Ontario facility in Belleville, ON.
The Junior Accountant is responsible for assisting with all accounting transactions and ensuring they are completed in accordance with Company and GAAP guidelines. Junior Accountant will work with the Senior Accountant and the Controller to ensure the collection and analysis of required information to prepare accurate and timely weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial summaries/statements of the Belleville operation. Junior Accountant will also undertake specialized accounting / production related projects as needed.
NOTE: This position will be located in Belleville, ON and requires the candidate to be available one weekend per month to support month-end financial tasks, and have the ability to work under their own direction with remote management support.
- Assist Senior Accountant and the Controller with processing weekly financials.
- Reconcile accounts receivable.
- Input weekly Key Performance Indicator data for the Accounting team.
- Provide assistance to the fixed asset management and maintenance.
- Ensures accurate reporting of period end reconciliations.
- Reconciles all General Ledger accounts, providing information and recommendations on any action required. Maintains standard costing files, ensuring data accuracy.
- Provide assistance to the analyses and recommendation on timely and accurate reconciliation of monthly general ledger accounts
- Assist the Senior Accountant and the Controller in period end files including amortization, damages report, foreign exchange, discounts and inventory.
- Maintain continuous tracking of accrued liabilities and prepaid accounts.
- As needed, prepares standard and adhoc Management reports for the Controller and/or Management review.
- Other accounting duties as assigned by the Controller.
- College diploma or University degree in business or accounting, and/or 1-3 years of related accounting experience. Equivalent levels of education and experience may also apply. Preference for those actively in the CPA program.
- Excellent oral communication and customer service skills in dealing with staff and customer representatives. Possesses strong problem-solving, analytical, and organization skills, with strong attention to detail on accounting and bookkeeping matters.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of ACCPAC accounting software an asset but not required.
Working conditions include:
- Normal office work environment;
- Deadline pressure on monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
Earn Competitive Wage
Exceptional Benefits include:
Competitive Wage | Group Health/Medical Benefit | Group Life & Accidental Death Insurance | Long Term Disability | Vision/Dental Care | Career Growth and Continued Training
240 Jamieson Bone Rd.
JBS Food Canada ULC.Belleville, ON
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Junior Accountant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.