With approximately 2,900 employees, JBS Food Canada ULC (“JBS Canada”) is one of Canada's largest beef processors. Consisting of four locations—the main processing facility located in Brooks, Alberta, where approximately 4,200 head of cattle are harvested and processed daily; the Head Office and a case ready plant, both based in Calgary, Alberta; and JBS Ontario, a case ready plant located in Belleville, Ontario. The JBS Canada facility in Brooks has the capacity to produce products ranging from boxed beef primals, ground beef, beef trimmings, beef by-products and hides which are shipped across Canada and worldwide. At the multi-protein Mountain Creek Farms case-ready facility in Calgary, JBS Canada produces value-added products including marinated, portion sized, multi-pack options, kebabs and much more. JBS Ontario in Belleville produces fresh meat and seafood products for leading retailers in Canada.
At JBS Canada, our people are our greatest asset. We are very proud to have a team of high achieving, engaged employees. We are currently seeking a Journeyman HVAC/Refrigeration Technician to join our team at our main processing facility in Brooks, AB.
- Install air conditioning, heating, and related equipment and components.
- Maintain and monitor air conditioning, heating units and systems.
- Repair, replace and adjust worn or broken parts on condensers, compressors, and pumps.
- Repair and adjust valves, piping connections, fittings, and couplings.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with heating and air conditioning units and systems.
- Install motors, thermostats, and humidistats.
- Inspect current HVAC systems for effectiveness and safety.
- Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC systems to increase longevity.
- Conduct performance tests with specialized tools.
- Troubleshoot current HVAC system issues.
- Repair damaged HVAC systems.
- Maintain accurate inventory of all equipment and HVAC resources.
- Work alone, and or in a team environment.
- A strong verbal communicator.
- A critical-thinker and problem-solver.
- Punctual and able to manage a daily/weekly schedule.
- Willing to work outside under adverse conditions.
- Comfortable with working at heights.
- Able to maintain high level of safe work practices at all times
- Journeyman Refrigeration Trade Certification.
- A HVAC technician license.
- Gas Ticket "A" or "B" Ticket, an asset.
- College Diploma/Certification, preferred.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years experience required as a ticketed journeyman.
- Certification through the Environmental Protection Agency to handle refrigerants required.
- 3+ years experience within an Industrial or Commercial Construction Projects.
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Valid CSTS.
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook an asset.
Work Site Environment:
The employee may frequently be exposed to outside weather conditions on the rooftop of the facility.
Noisy, Odours, Hot, Cold/refrigerated.
Permanent Full Time Employment
Please note that Applicants may be subject to drug and alcohol testing. If an Applicant is requested to take a drug and alcohol test, any offer of employment to the Applicant will be conditional upon passing the drug and alcohol test.
Exceptional Benefits including:
Competitive Wage | Relocation Assistance | Extended Health/Medical Benefit | Group Life & Accidental Death Insurance | Long Term Disability | Vision/Dental Care | Employee Beef Purchasing Program | Voluntary Employee RRSP Contributions | Employer RRSP Contributions | Medical Clinic on-site | Career Growth and Continued Training
Physical Location: 193002A Range Road 150, Brooks, Alberta
JBS Food Canada ULC.