CenExel Clinical Research, the parent company for JBR Clinical Research, provides unparalleled medical and scientific support in the design and execution of clinical trials.
We are currently seeking a full-time experienced Payroll and Benefits Administrator to work out of our corporate office based in Salt Lake City, UT. This position will be a generalist role involving payroll, benefits, and some HR responsibilities. As such, the ideal candidate will need to be able to transition effortlessly between these various functional areas.
The Payroll and Benefits Administrator will have payroll oversight responsibility for a high growth company with 400+ employees in multiple states. The successful candidate will also be responsible for administering company benefit plans and ancillary benefit offerings; including enrollments, terminations, and reconciliation of monthly billings from insurance carriers and benefit providers. This position reports to the Vice President of Human Resources.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs payroll-related functions including but not limited to processing new hires, termination status changes, tax changes, wage garnishments, deductions, and direct deposit.
- Coordinates with HR support staff at multi-site locations in verifying bi-weekly payrolls.
- Reviews and verifies payroll data in a timely manner, calculates overtime and other pay premiums, and enters payroll data into payroll system.
- Ensure accurate reconciliation of bi-weekly payroll reports, and time off balances.
- Responds to employee inquiries concerning payroll deductions and PTO accruals, wage garnishments, child support payments, and employment verifications.
- Reviews and reconciles all carrier invoices and approves for payment.
- Works closely with HR support staff in remote locations to onboard new employees through electronic onboarding system.
- Administers group benefit programs including but not limited to medical & dental insurance, LTD, and group life insurance.
- Administers the Company’s multi-site 401k plan. Works closely with TPA provider with 5500 preparation and testing as well as distributing necessary communications to employees.
- Responds to employee inquiries regarding benefit plans and deductions.
- Works closely with third party vendor to ensure seamless and compliant COBRA administration.
- Oversees the administration of the Company’s leave management policies to ensure compliance with FMLA, ADA, and state specific leave requirements.
- Works with benefits broker and Vice President of Human Resources on annual open enrollment; including reviewing benefit plans, communications to employees, conducting in-person and remote employee benefit presentations to groups of employees.
- Ensures that benefit plans are setup in HRIS and ensures accuracy of employee deductions in system.
- Prepares, submits, and maintains human resources and employee benefits data used for EEO-1, Affirmative Action Plan, and ACA reporting.
- Assists local management team with administering performance review program.
- Maintains HRIS records database and generates HR reports from HRIS system as required.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs specific to local office.
- Works closely with the Vice President of Human Resources in matters pertaining to disciplinary actions, terminations, and exit interviews.
- Supports the Vice President of Human Resources with various HR related projects and duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three to five years of progressive payroll and benefits administration experience within a rapid growth environment.
- Strong knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Health care industry experience preferred.
- Prior payroll experience working within a multi-site organization is required.
- Self-motivated with strong multi-tasking capability.
- Preference for individuals that have worked within an HR Department, and have working knowledge of employment and wage & hour laws.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to be discreet and keep confidential matters of importance.
- Excellent attention to detail is a must.
- Adept at calculations involving shift differentials, commissions, bonuses, and percentages.
- Computer skills required: HCM software applications; Microsoft Office; Payroll Systems, Time and Attendance Systems.
- Payroll and/or PHR certification a plus.
Employees of the company are part of a vibrant work culture that values its employees.
In addition to competitive compensation, CenExel Clinical Research offers a robust benefit offering that includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance available first of the month following 30 days
Ancillary benefits package that includes life insurance and long-term disability
Paid Time Off benefits including, vacation, sick, and personal leave
401k with company paid match
Paid holidays and floating holidays
CenExel Clinical Research is an equal opportunity employer.