We are looking for a Phlebotomist to help conduct clinical research studies in our Salt Lake City office!
This position includes the collection, processing, and shipping of laboratory specimens for multiple clinical trial protocols at one time. Also responsible for accurate and precise documentation according to GCP and site standard operating procedures. Flexibility in work schedule preferred. Full time, 36-40 hours per week, M-F. Days.
- Must be a high school graduate or have a GED equivalency.
- Must have at least 1 year of phlebotomy experience, including pediatric experience.
- Must be phlebotomy/IV certified
- Current IATA certification or complete training during 1st month of hire
- Clinical Research experience preferred.
- Must be able to read and understand lab manuals, shipment manifests, clinical protocols, etc.
- Must be reliable, organized, and self-motivated.
- US Citizen/VISA required
- Able to accommodate flexible work schedule (preferred)
· Oversees all lab processes for studies at JBR.
· Develops tracking systems to ensure protocol required lab procedures are carried out appropriately.
· Maintains a calendar noting deadlines for shipment of samples. Ensures samples are shipped in a timely fashion.
· Ensures lab shipments are appropriately documented and records are maintained in the regulatory binder.
· Ensures lab environment meets protocol requirements, including appropriate temperature requirements. Responds to notifications from ADT if refrigerator or freezer temperatures go out of the appropriate range. Makes necessary changes to protect samples and study drug.
· Ensures lab is stocked with necessary supplies.
· Ensures lab is appropriately cleaned at the end of the shift.
· Ensures refrigerators and freezers are in good working order.
· Practices good infection control techniques and utilizes protective equipment to minimize exposure to blood and body fluids.
· Ensures sharps are disposed of in appropriate containers. Obtains new sharps container when container reaches fill line.
· Follows all JBR SOP’s related to obtaining, processing, shipping and storing lab samples.
- We offer a $2 pay differential for night hours (between 6a and 6p)
- Health, dental and vision and life benefits *
- After 30 days of employment*
- 401k benefits after 90 days
- VASA membership discount upon date of hire