Sales and Service Associate
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who We Are
At JBG SMITH, we believe in our team and our ability to make a difference. We welcome diverse perspectives and innovative ideas. We are passionate about service and strive each day to make a positive impact. That motivates us. Inspires us. Empowers us to be our best. It also creates a rewarding environment in which to learn and grow your career at one of the best places to work.
For our onsite residential teams, our robust development pipeline provides unsurpassed opportunities for professional development as we rapidly grow our portfolio in some of the most attractive neighborhoods in the Washington, DC region.
**The Sales and Service Professional is referred to internally as Leasing Consultant.
What You Will Do
Leasing Consultants enjoy working in a fast-paced, sales-oriented environment where they have the pleasure of helping prospective residents find the perfect apartment to call home. Driven by a desire to build relationships, Leasing Consultants naturally excel at connecting with prospective residents and developing an understanding of their needs to ensure that we deliver the best in apartment living.
As a Leasing Consultant, your primary responsibilities include:
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of the community so that you can recommend the right apartment or the best retailer in the neighborhood
- Conducting thoughtful and personalized tours to prospective residents to help them find the apartment that best meets their needs, which ultimately results in new leases
- Coordinating with residents and the team to ensure a smooth move-in experience
- Participating in community activities and social events to build resident relationships
- Leveraging resident relationships and creativity to quickly respond to all resident requests to drive resident satisfaction
- Working a flexible schedule to include weekends
As a condition of employment, all external candidates must provide proof that you are fully vaccinated from COVID-19 as of your first day of employment, unless a request for an accommodation had been approved. Fully vaccinated means two weeks has passed since the last dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose shot.
What You Bring
At JBG SMITH, our culture is important. We are committed to the highest standards of integrity, creativity and teamwork. Along with those qualities, Leasing Consultants must also bring:
- Experience in customer service-related fields such as hospitality, retail, or restaurants
- Outstanding sales skills and a desire for continual learning and professional development
- Strong aptitude for computer systems and software
- Passion for providing exceptional customer experiences and embodying our core customer service elements of:
- CARING: Demonstrated passion for caring about customers and co-workers alike
- PROFESSIONALISM: Professional presentation and superior written and verbal communication skills
- EMPOWERMENT: Proactive approach with a proven capability to take ownership of customer concerns
- LEADERSHIP: Dependability as a team member who inspires others to achieve excellence
- INCLUSION: Commitment to inclusion and treating everyone with kindness, dignity, and respect
How We Support You
In addition to providing employees with a great place to work, we focus on supporting employees both personally and professionally with a wide range of industry-leading benefits* including:
- Medical and prescription plans at a low cost to employees
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Tax-deferred 401(k) plan with company match
- Life insurance for employees, spouses and children at no cost
- Maternity & paternity leave program
- Generous paid time off with personal days and vacation days
- 20% housing discount at JBG SMITH communities (select number available)
- Ongoing training and professional development and a tuition reimbursement plan
JBG SMITH is an S&P 400 company that owns, operates, invests in, and develops a dynamic portfolio of high-growth mixed-use properties in and around Washington, DC. Through an intense focus on placemaking, JBG SMITH cultivates vibrant, amenity-rich, walkable neighborhoods throughout the Capital region, including National Landing where it now serves as the exclusive developer for Amazon’s new headquarters. JBG SMITH’s portfolio currently comprises 17.1 million square feet of high-quality office, multifamily and retail assets, 98% at our share of which are Metro-served. It also maintains a robust future pipeline encompassing 16.6 million square feet of mixed-used development opportunities.