JBCconnect Client: Well-Known Media/Business News
Title: Freelance, Copywriter / Editor
Location: New York, New York
Duration: asap – July 2020
Large, well-known media/business news outlet is seeking a Freelance, Copywriter/Editor in the in-house creative group. They work on assignments for digital, print, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects. The Studio has outstanding writing, design, production and content capabilities. Our creative team has a strong hands-on and highly collaborative approach to both campaign concept development and graphic design systems.
This position is a hybrid copywriter and copy editor hybrid that will work alongside our the non-prof division on various print and digital projects. The person in this role will spend 50 percent of their time writing and adapting copy from scratch and the other 50 percent copy editing, proofreading, and fact checking existing content.
We’ ll trust you to
- Copyedit and fact-check various forms of web content such as blog posts, long-form articles, slide shows, the homepage, section pages
- Work in Wordpress to publish digital content
- Develop short content from scratch, working in partnership with project managers, digital and graphic designers.
- Check text to ensure it is well written and logically structured
- Correct grammar and spelling check
- Check facts and raise queries with content to ensure the highest quality content is produced
- Take existing content and finesse the copy to fit a specific word or character count
You need to have
- Excellent written American English, including good spelling and grammar
- A meticulous approach to your work and an eye for detail
- An ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- 6+ years experience
- Digital-content editing experience using a CMS such as Wordpress
- Google Drive programs experience is essential
- Annual report experience is needed
- Prior experience working with Workfront a plus