Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Estimating (70% of the time)
- Understands the customer’s requirements, design intent and timelines, and uses knowledge of materials and processes to provide the solution that best addresses the customer’s objective
- Interacts with sales, engineering, purchasing, production, and others to obtain and provide information necessary to resolve issues and establish an accurate cost estimate
- Manages the RFQ funnel from receipt of pre-qualified lead to delivery
- Establishes sell price
- Calculates total cost
- Identifies the converting process needed to manufacture the part
- Evaluates material requirements and makes sourcing recommendations
- Reviews and interpret drawings and data
- Monitors and analyzes wins/ losses to better understand what pricing "the market will bear"
- Works with vendors and the JBC sourcing team to obtain timely quotes for materials and tooling
- Works in conjunction with the Sales, Manufacturing, Operations, and Quality teams to maintain long-term profitability, address customer concerns, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Provides technical guidance to internal and external stakeholders, as needed.
- Facilitates Engineering Change Notifications
- Responsible for the preparation and timely delivery of all prototypes and sample requests
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge of industry trends, in particular:
- Materials [foams, tapes, insulation, foil, etc.]
- Material vendors
- Converting Processes
- Uses ERP, QMS & CRM on a daily basis, maintaining accurate, up-to-date databases.
- Supports and contributes to organizational and customer-focused continuous improvement initiatives
- Adherence to policies regarding proprietary information, pricing agreements, legal documentation, and shared information sources.
- Adhere to all information storage requirements, etc.
- Fully understand and adhere to all policies related to sales roles as outlined in company handbook.
Inside sales/ customer service: (30% of the time)
- Serves as key point of contact for customers and prospects who have sales, technical, and engineering concerns in conjunction with the outside sales
- Provides excellent customer service
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or technical field from an accredited institution and or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of estimating experience in custom manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering or other relevant field is preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite, ERP Systems, and accurate data entry.
- Strong background in rubber, plastics, fabrication and machining processes.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to act quickly when a problem arises; solve problems and make decisions as needed.
- The capacity to identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented
- Light to moderate physical effort required on a constant basis
- Employees subject to random drug and alcohol testing
- Normal Schedule – 8 am to 5 pm; Monday thru Friday; May vary with business needs.
- Work performed in an office environment
- Must be able to work as part of a team or independently with limited supervision
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
Why Work Here?JBC Technologies has been in business since 1988 and is headquartered in North Ridgeville, Ohio with a second manufacturing location in Madison, Wisconsin. The company is ISO certified and adept at meeting the requirements of automotive, aerospace, electronic, industrial and medical markets. The management team promotes regular company wide communication, embraces new challenges and encourages entrepreneurial risk taking. Participation in monthly bonus incentive program. This organization compensates generously to high performers and achievers.
Awesome Organization with Great People!
North Ridgeville, OH