Are you looking for autonomy and flexibility as well as a great environment?
Do you have at least 5 years recent experience as a CPA (or equivalent experience) and need a change?
One of Washington’s prominent accounting firms has an opening for an experienced Senior Staff Accountant for their Bellevue office. The Senior Staff Accountant prepares, compiles and reviews financial statements, federal and state tax returns of individuals and businesses, provide bookkeeping and accounting services, and prepares other tax filling such as sales, payroll, and excise and prepares compilations, and reviews. This position is located in their Bellevue office and has some remote availability.
This Certified Public Accounting firm provides accounting, tax financial planning, and other related business services for small to medium size business clients and individuals. By providing outstanding high quality services, our client is able to stick to their principles of professionalism, responsiveness, and quality.
*** Please reference JBCSBEMFSSA03 when applying with your resume and pay expectations. ***
- Prepare complex personal tax returns.
- Prepare corporate, partnership, and S-corp returns.
- Prepare amended returns, personal tax projections, property tax affidavits, employee benefit plan returns, carryback returns, and payroll tax returns as needed.
- Review projects. Review basic income and business tax returns.
- Prepare compilations and reviews.
- Begin reviewing compilations and reviews.
- Understand various tax programs and software programs such as Prosystem, TValue5, and QuickBooks.
- Understand key tax concepts and how and when they apply; including passive activities, shareholder basis, etc.
- Provide accounting services including QuickBooks consulting and bookkeeping.
- Ensure clients are informed of status particularly in situations with delays, and regularly follows up on requests for client information.
- Responsible for supervising and managing staff and projects.
- Trains and develops staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience and five years experience in public accounting.
- CPA license preferred.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, ProSystem, and QuickBooks software.
- Working knowledge of requisite software and internal work flow and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload, meet tight deadlines in a fast pace environment.
- Excellent customer service skills with clients, team members and management.
- Ability to be a team player and collaborate with other team members in the organization.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to supervise and manage staff and projects.
- Ability to train and develop staff.
- Ability to function in a highly confidential environment.
- BA in Accounting and minimum of 5 years public accounting experience.
- CPA preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks required. Experience with CCH Axcess, CCH ProSystem fx, and CCH Axcess Practice a plus.
Position offers autonomy, flexibility, medical, dental, vision, retirement, paid time off, competitive salary and more!
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters please don't contact this job poster. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
JB Consulting Systems
Why Work Here?
Great company, great benefits & PTO!!