Marketing & Communications Director, Duvall, WA
Thriving, internationally recognized, non-profit outdoor school is looking for a positive and energetic Marketing & Communications Director. If you would enjoy working with a progressive, relational, nature-loving, community-oriented team of individuals, this FT position may be perfect for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Director Level:
- Collaborate to develop and implement marketing and communication strategies and goals that are in service to the school and other departments’ strategies and goals.
- Oversee the Marketing budget.
- Develop and implement marketing and communication strategies that will grow our revenue through increased enrollment and donations.
- Supervise and collaborate with the Outreach Coordinator.
- Manage all Marketing and Communication consultants/vendors - social media, photographers, web development, advertising, etc.
- Help further our organizational goals in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Understand and Grow our Community (target audiences):
- Develop understanding of our student communities through strategic listening and feedback loops – including regular surveying and active social media use.
- Maintain and build long-term relationships with our community of students, parents, and donors.
- Grow the number of people and level of engagement in eNews lists, social media, and website visits.
- Manage our website and search engine optimization strategy.
- Specific outreach to underrepresented and diverse groups.
- Experiment and innovate with new and effective ways to get the word out.
- Develop and Share Stories and Content
- Create, curate, and maintain compelling stories and content (photo, video, and articles) about our programs and students.
- Develop and maintain consistent look, style, and messaging for the organization – steward our brand.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years of marketing experience.
- Competency with Managing:
- Websites and complementary software.
- Paid advertising campaigns.
- Social media (focused campaigns and ongoing campaigns).
- Key Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including ongoing prioritization of tasks.
- Frequent problem solving involving relatively complex problems, for some of which there may be no precedents.
- Excellent copy writing skills.
- Savvy with technology.
- Monthly stipend for health insurance.
- 5 weeks paid time off!
- Discounted or free in-house programs and professional training.
- 3% salary retirement plan match.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers