A leading provider of specialty soils in Southern Oregon is seeking a dynamic Chief Operating Officer (COO) to help our company expand nationally. We are pre-IPO so this is an exciting time to become a part of the C-suite team! This is a full-time hands on role working on location.
The COO is responsible for managing all operations of the Company and driving the Company’s future growth under the direction of the CEO. The COO provides the urgency, leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure the Company has proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures and personnel strategies in place to effectively meet the goals of the Board of Directors, and to maximize the financial health and operational efficiency of the Company.
- Provide operational leadership and oversight of the Company.
- Drive the Company to
- (i) execute its aggressive sales plan,
- (ii) ensure profitability and positive cash flow, and
- (iii) achieve other business goals and objectives.
- Establish and then measure internal and external results, communications and procedures.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes that promote Company financial objectives, cultural goals and vision.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop and implement long range plans for the operational procedures and staffing to manage the growth and objectives of the Company into a national operation.
- Motivate and lead staff and provide mentoring as necessary to improve the performance of the team.
- Drive the sales team to increases sales and adjust operations and teams accordingly.
- Coordinate and manage all administrative needs for the operations of the company.
- Keep up to date on industry trends and developments.
- Adhere to and enforce compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by CEO and the Board of Directors.
- 5+ years’ experience as Chief Operating Office or similar leadership role overseeing at least 15 employees.
- Proven positive track record developing, leading, and implementing programs designed to increase sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other relevant position.
- Baseline knowledge of horticulture, garden centers, cannabis/hemp and/or similar industries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including being self-aware and possessing good listening skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization as well as customers and vendors while fostering positive relationships.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills that can effectively organize information, tasks, and events.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated, able to work with limited supervision and to work closely with a team.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters please don't contact this job poster. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
*** Please reference JBCSGEOCOO01 when applying with your resume and pay expectations. ***