- Posted: over a month ago
Jaros, Baum, and Bolles (JB&B) is an engineering firm with offices in New York, Boston and Philadelphia. Our firm works with cutting-edge engineering technologies to facilitate high-performance building designs for ever-improving engineering and sustainability solutions.
We are seeking an Office Assistant for our growing office in Boston, Massachusetts. The Office Assistant will be responsible for helping with the organization and administration of the daily operations of our Boston office. This position will handle incoming phone calls and other communications, greet clients and visitors, as well as data entry and other general office administrative duties and errands. The Office Assistant is expected to proactively coordinate, communicate, and problem solve throughout all day-to-day operations.
This position is required to work at our Boston office location 5 days a week.
- Maintains conference room calendar and handles scheduling conflicts with diplomacy.
- Monitors office supply inventory and reorders appropriately.
- Supports new hire onboarding by prepping workstations, welcoming new hires/interns and giving tour of the office
- Establishes and maintains relationships with vendors, building management and service providers.
- Performs front desk duties.
- Helps to resolve office-related malfunctions and serves as the point of contact for office-related requests and questions.
- Ensures compliance of safety and security procedures and policies
- Oversees the floor plan; coordinates workstation/office moves with Office Manager.
- Coordinates the logistics for internal company events and meetings; occasional evening event coverage may be required - with notice.
- Coordinates all travel arrangements and orders daily lunch for Partners.
- Serves as back up for reception desk for the New York office as needed, including answering incoming calls and directing as needed.
- Possesses a minimum 2+ years administrative/executive support experience.
- High-school diploma and/or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated strong self-starter, independent and pro-active.
- Ability to work well both in team environment as well as operate independently with minimal supervision.
- Possesses excellent communication skills with an ability to respond with professionalism in verbal and written communications at all levels within organization and with clients.
- Must possess the professional demeanor to interface with senior management and must be able to exhibit good judgment in handling confidential information.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work from the office 5 days a week.
What We Offer
In over 100 years of practice, JB&B has maintained its position at the forefront of the MEP industry and around the world. JB&B prides itself in having created a community where our employee resource groups help to shape our inclusive culture and foster connections through various activities such as panel discussions, trivia nights and happy hours. We offer a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401k employer match, and paid parental leave.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at JB&B