IT Systems Administrator
- Posted: January 11, 2023
Job Title: IT Systems Administrator
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Employment Status: Full Time, Exempt
The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for managing and maintaining all of Jaunt's technology assets, acts as its liaison with third-party service providers, is responsible for department planning, budgeting, reporting and system administration. This individual will develop, plan and implement processes, procedures, and training for Jaunt's systems and oversee the organization's hardware and software needs.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains Jaunt's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies and policy
- Supervises assigned staff and contractors
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Preserves Jaunt's assets by developing Backup and Disaster Recovery strategies and architecture
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements
- Assists in achieving financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; following state procurement rules and regulations
- Provide regular status updates to the CEO pertaining to all areas of Jaunt's technological infrastructure
- Maintains quality of service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Establish, manage, and maintain inventory and procurement of IT equipment and services
- Develop and maintain clear and concise documentation of network and procedures
- Plan and implement preventative maintenance for technology systems
- Provide support to internal users in a traditional help desk environment, including provisioning new equipment, operating systems, applications, and peripherals
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with Servers, PC's, network, phones, printers, and other office equipment and software used by Jaunt staff
- Serves as the technical liaison in dealing with all third-party service, software, and hardware vendors
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's degree in IT, computer science, business or equivalent desired. Experience with web design and database experience is preferred. At Jaunt's option, any combination of training and experience that indicates ability to perform the essential functions is acceptable.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with implementation of enterprise systems and system configuration
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Office 365 systems
- Experience with server virtualization platforms.
- Experience developing and documenting operational processes and procedures
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience creating and maintaining IT configuration and knowledge base documentation.
- Basic SQL scripting and operations for querying and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to think strategically and plan over a multi-year time span.
- Working with vendors, provide support for Jaunt during operating hours.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Requires working on-site at Jaunt's offices.
Employment is contingent upon successfully completing and passing a pre-employment drug screen. Employment is contingent on a clean driving record that allows employee to be covered by Jaunt's insurance. Continued employment is contingent upon adherence to Jaunt's Substance Abuse Policy, including being subject to drug and alcohol screening, as well as on maintaining a clean driving record.
Jaunt employees regularly interact with passengers with disabilities. To ensure it effectively adheres to the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, all employees will be regularly trained on service delivery expectations to ensure the safe and timely transportation services for passengers with disabilities. Further, those employees with direct contact with passengers with disabilities will be expected to exercise their training for passenger sensitivity, which includes securing passengers' wheelchairs to restraining devices to stabilize wheelchairs during trip. As well as being physically able to handle and assist disabled passengers in wheelchairs and assist disabled passengers into and out of vehicle.
Further, Jaunt shall adhere with the American with Disabilities Act. The successful candidate must be able to perform the position's essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. The physical demands given in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made that allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. To be considered eligible for consideration of accommodations, employees must request an accommodation and present a doctor's statement to management stating their physical limitations.
Jaunt is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In addition to the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Federal Transit Laws, 49 U.S.C. 5332(b), states "no person in the United States shall on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or age be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any project, program or activity funded in whole or in part through financial assistance under this Act."
TechnologyView all jobs at JAUNT, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?