Entry Level Staff Accountant
Established CPA firm is seeking an entry level tax preparer/accountant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a new professional seeking an opportunity to learn, develop and grow.
Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study to public accounting. Must be punctual, well-spoken and positive, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize assignments.
Position requires direct interaction with clients, so good communication skills and an ability to effectively work with others will be a critical characteristic of the successful candidate.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting.
- Post transactions to general ledger, prepare bank reconciliations.
- Assist with quarterly and annual payroll tax filings.
- Prepare simple individual, corporation and partnership tax returns.
- Experience with QuickBooks software a plus.
- Prior tax preparation experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills with attention to detail.
- Great communication skills and confidence to express yourself clearly to cross-functional team members.
- Strong work ethic, team player and ability to manage multiple deadlines/tasks effectively.
- Great organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects.
Compensation and Benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.