We are currently assisting one of our Geotechnical Engineering clients in Memphis, TN in helping them to identify individuals who are interested in building a career in exploration drilling.
This is exciting, hands-on work that will allow you to gain valuable skills in a growing industry sector.
While this is rewarding work, you will get dirty and be working outdoors at all times so please keep this in mind when deciding to apply.
Purpose of the work:
- Drilling core samples of the subsurface in determining what is below the ground.
- This work is done in order to collect important data for the engineers to review when directing construction efforts.
Here is a brief introduction to what you would be doing in this role:
- Assists in all phases of drilling activities.
- Act as an assistant to a lead driller in pulling core samples of subsurface materials.
- Operating an auger which will require you to be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Monitoring well development after installation and/or prior to sampling
- Preparing sampling and drilling equipment for use
- Back filling and repairing pavement at completed borehole sites
Here are the primary qualifications for this position:
- Minimum of a high school diploma
- Experience working in a field-based construction or engineering role
- High mechanical aptitude
- Hand and power tools knowledge and operation experience
- Ability to work outdoors with weather conditions present in all seasons
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to operate a company vehicle as needed
- Any prior drilling experience would be strongly preferred
JARBO Employment Group
Why Work Here?JARBO Employment Group is a specialized staffing consultant focused in connecting skilled candidates in long-term, career-oriented positions. We help to facilitate the hiring process by matching your skills with our clients' needs and marketing this match effectively to a prospective hiring manager. Our approach in working with candidates and clients alike is to be transparent, resourceful, fair, and kind. We take a role in the hiring process very seriously and provide you with the time and effort you deserve.
Employee-centric company with amazing benefits with the opportunity to gain valuable skills in a growing field