Retail Store Manager - Brooklyn, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Manage the set-up of advertising displays or arrangements of merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales in an attractive and functional manner to obtain maximum exhibition and demonstration advantages
• Develop strategies to help grow business and meet sales goals
• Evaluate the territory's changing or prevailing market patterns and provides feedback to corporate management
• Conduct store meetings with employees to upgrade knowledge and sales techniques
• Provide for good customer and employee relations by answering questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise
• Provide strong customer demonstrations utilizing strong sales closing techniques and operating with sales representative responsibilities
• Records, manages, and deposits cash in register on a daily basis
• Manage the record of sales, prepares and conducts frequent inventory of stock and orders merchandise as appropriate
• Report in a timely and efficient manner to corporate required reports, payroll, commissions, cash statements, and all other records and books related to store functions
• Teach various sewing classes with intent to sell
• Responsible for facilitating Owner's Classes, clubs, demos, Creative Classes and coordinating freelance educators for Creative Classes as appropriate
• Responsible for ongoing recruiting, selection, training, motivating, coaching, evaluating, termination, and compensating all store employees with the purpose of upgrading individual performances and store productivity and profitability
• Manage the store expenses according to the store proforma requirements and expectations
• Maintain cost-to-sell figure at or below maximum acceptable figure
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in business a plus
• One or more years retail experience with a demonstrated success in closing sales
• Must be able to lift sewing machines or sergers that weigh up to 50 pounds
• Basic computer skills required, advanced computer skills a plus
• Previous sewing experience is required and teaching skills
• Sewing knowledge
• Strong Creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills
• Effective listening and communication skills, written and verbal
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong computer skills
• MAC (and PC) proficient
• Competency and knowledge in Adobe CS2 Applications including Illustrator, Page Maker, Photo Shop as well as Quark Express and Flash
• Excellent leadership skills
• Detail oriented
• Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
• Coaching staff to success
• Conflict resolution skills
• Transmitting company’s values, vision, mission
• Ability to meet strict deadlines and manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast paced environment
• Directly supervises part-time sales employees
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Must be able to adjust controls on sewing machines and change product placements
• Repetitive motions such as lifting and turning (for example: lifting a sewing machine and placing in a shopping cart, on a checkout counter, or on a display shelf).
• Employee may be required to retrieve or reposition products
• Must be able to inspect and analyze data and learn technical manuals.
• Communication with customers via telephone and computer. Must be able to receive and convey information.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position for (5 – 7 hours)
• Must be able to demonstrate machines in a stationary position while operating the machine
• Must ascend or descend ladder to retrieve or put away products weighing up to 50 lbs from shelving up to 14ft high.
AddressNew York, NY
Get fresh Retail Store Lead jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.