- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JAKTOOL is looking for a Mechanical Engineer with an interest in prototype development who will be responsible for all phases of the project life cycle including concept generation, preliminary and detail design, analysis, assembly, and test as well as manufacturing support. This role works closely with engineering and account management to qualify and execute design inputs, as well as manage external suppliers, vendors, sub-contractors, and internal resources within JAKTOOL.
Candidates for this role must be able to demonstrate JAKTOOL core values:
- Communicating Clearly
- Showing Confidence with Humility
- Seeking & Applying Knowledge
- Expressing an Enthusiastic Attitude
- Applying a Strong Work Ethic
- Building Trust on Multiple Levels
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, analysis, modeling, assembly, and validation of mechanical systems and subsystems
- Use of CAD (SolidWorks/CREO) software to create solid models, assemblies, and engineered drawings in accord with ASME Y 14.5 2009
- Perform structural analysis including, but not limited to traditional hand calculations and quick-turn FEA to support product development and design. More detailed FEA to be performed as needed.
- Perform/oversee testing and validation of products to confirm product function, failure mode, and life expectancy.
- Coordinate project schedule with customers, supply chain, internal resources, and supervisors
- Use of precision metrology equipment (optical comparator, micrometers, etc.)
- Occasional use of manual lathe, mill, and related manufacturing equipment
- Documentation and organization of design-related data / technical drawing packages in accordance with design and revision controls per ISO 9001 and internal standard practice
- Participate and/or host product development and design review meetings
- Support brainstorming of new, creative product concepts and ideas
- Develop a broad knowledge base of technologies used in the markets served
- Develop a broad knowledge base of JAKTOOL’s capabilities to support sales
- Work independently on assignments and multi-task on several projects
- Travel up to 15% for attendance at customer design meetings, trade shows, conferences & sales support.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3 or more years relevant experience.
- Fluency in CAD software (Solidworks preferred)
- Possess a high degree of hands-on mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Clear understanding of GD&T Standards
- Hands-on experience in manufacturing /fabrication, CAM, and/or assembly is preferred (lathe, mill, machine tools).
JAKTOOL must comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 - Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. The Safer Federal Workforce Task Force issued provisions stating that all employees must be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022. JAKTOOL strives to maintain a safe workplace for all employees and has fully adopted the standards issued.
ManufacturingView all jobs at JAKTOOL