Temp to Hire Position - Rotating Schedule
Standard Work Hours: Rotating, schedule: 6 - 2 pm, 2 pm - 10 pm and 10 pm - 6 am
Weekly estimated overtime expectations/requirements: Unknown, may vary
Top 3 skills required to be successful in this role: Solid work history, Mechanical aptitude, Manufacturing work experience
Experience in any particular/preferred industry vertical which appear to be most successful in this role: 6+ months of manufacturing experience. Working knowledge of quench and temper process preferred
Type of work environment: Manufacturing environment
Perform various duties in the Thermal Processing Area to assist with stress relief processing of tubing and regular line maintenance.
All duties are expected to be performed safely and in accordance with established procedures.
Assist Operator in changeover of tooling, which includes but is not limited to: adjusting induction coils, removing tooling from stands, as well as cleaning the structure base of thermal processing line, stands, and shafts, installing proper spacers and rolls, cleaning all tooling removed during the changeover, and reporting any problems encountered to the Operator.
- Guide tubing through the conveyor roller stands during line set-ups.
- Operates the scrap cutter to cut tubing for scrap and retrieve samples required for Operator.
- Assist Uncoiler/Spooling Operator as needed with guiding tubing through the conveyor roller stands, through the winding area cooling section, into the spool for hookup.
- Sets up and initiates the external corrosion inhibitor removal and/or applicator.
- Assist Thermal Processing Operator with lubrication of line equipment as needed.
- Furnish operators with materials, tools, and supplies as needed.
- Cleans area to include wiping and organizing all tools, ensuring the floor on line is kept dry, emptying all trash cans, and specific cleaning as assigned by Supervisor and/or Operator
- Develop thorough working knowledge of SOPs related to position.
- May be called upon to serve as a ground guide to material handlers for escorting empty spools and strings
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
- Minimum 6 months to 4 years of related manufacturing experience, preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Drug Screen and Alcohol Test
- Criminal background Check - Past 7 years - All Counties of Residence
- Fit for Work Physical
- Visual Acuity Exam - Must have 20/40 or better and be able to see 120 degrees
- Education and Employment Verification