TEMP TO HIRE POSITION - IMMEDIATE START IF QUALIFIED. LOCATED IN 75006.
Operate lathe, bridgeport, radial arm drill, boring mill, spot and bench mold components, assemble manifolds and molds, welding and polishing. Machining experience required.
The Entry-Level Shop Hand assists with the manufacture of new molds, tools, dies and fixtures used for producing rubber and plastic parts to blueprint specifications. Repairs and refurbishes existing tooling as needed. The rubber molding methods employed consist of cast, compression, compression transfer, injection and injection transfer. The mold shop also produces tooling for rubber extrusion and assembly work. Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be proficient with manual machining equipment.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and set-up requirements
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jog borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to read, understand, and follow all Safety, Quality, and Standard Operating Procedures
- Must be proficient with hand tools used in metal machining.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
For 2nd shift position but will work and train on 1st shift
1st shift- 5:00 A.M. to 1:30 P.M. M-F
2nd shift- 2:30 P.M. to 1:00 A.M. M-Th
Steel toes & safety glasses required