The Construction Manager is responsible for overseeing, coordinating and completing all aspects of the construction of wireless telecommunication sites including raw land sites and colocations on existing towers, antennas, rooftops and water tanks.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Interface with Site Acquisition, Zoning, Field Engineering, A&E consultants and general contractors to construct quality wireless sites as quickly and inexpensively as possible.
· Perform site walks at candidate selection and determine construction feasibility.
· Work with A & E firms to coordinate all aspects of zoning and construction documents.
· Conducts utility coordination meetings
· Prepare general contractor bid packages, bid projects and make contractor selection recommendations.
· Manage standards of construction for Customer / Client.
· Schedule BTS equipment delivery and installation and verify with carrier client schedules.
· Inspect and approve completed construction projects.
· Prepare punch lists as required.
· Ensure all construction related milestones are entered into the project tracking.
· Ensure that all applicable safety and regulatory requirements are followed and documented.
· Review zoning and construction drawings as part of the red line process. To ensure new site. Development is documented and designed within Customer / Client requirements. Document revisions and obtain and confirm approval from Client.
· Process building permits
· Deliver operational new sites for market deployment in a timely manner to meet overall market goals and objectives.
· General knowledge and understanding of the requirements to submit for building applications, construction drawings and documentation, and utility requirements.
· Working knowledge of building systems (HVAC, emergency generators, National Electrical Code requirements); environmental requirements including hazardous material, spill prevention, and other regulatory guidelines, general building maintenance, and vendor maintenance.
· Must have construction knowledge of requirements for rooftop installations, tower locations and raw land locations.
· Must have ROW permitting experience
· Extensive experience with antenna types, antenna mounts, coax, grounding systems and AC power.
· Complete understanding of all aspects of construction with respect to Wireless Cell sites.
· Ability to understand and read zoning and construction documentation and drawings and possess Construction management skills including: CAD/design review, implementation, and project management.
· Proficient in Operating systems and applications including: MS Project, Windows, MS Office suite.
· Requires a valid driver license and clean driving record. Class A CDL preferred and eventually required.
· Attend pre-construction walks. Order necessary materials and organize site-specific details for review with the site Foreman.
· Retain notes per project to procure change orders from client to ensure processing and payment in a timely fashion.
· Ensure permitting, inspections and code compliance are completed as needed for each assigned project.
· Monitor and report performance of projects by ensuring full utilization of tracking tools and reports, observation of and attendance at progress meetings, and direct interaction with personnel and management for feedback.
· Assures that Field Personnel are properly trained and prepared for daily assignments.
· Manages team to meet corporate goals and objectives.
· Maintains corporate vehicle, tools and equipment.
· Provides leadership and management for construction team.
· Reports on all aspects of team and implements corporate strategy and alignment.
· Minimum of 5 years Wireless Telecommunications experience preferred.
· Strong Utility Coordination experience
· Experience processing building permits and ROW permits
· Ability to read and understand Utility as-built plans
· Technical understanding/ability.
· Desire to succeed and learn new skills.
· Commitment to excellence and high standards.
· Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
· Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams.
· Acute attention to detail.
· Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
· Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
· Ability to work irregular hours, including occasional evening and weekend work, when necessary
Please note: No visa sponsorship or relocation assistance is available with this position.