- Expired: October 07, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
J5 Consulting is a Maryland based company established in 2006 to provide computing and consulting services for government and commercial entities. Our services improve Information System networking performance and compliance and protect electronic assets from loss and compromise. We welcome your application to receive consideration for the following position.
This position is available immediately.
The Customer is dedicated to providing Information Technology (IT) solutions, by delivering consistent, enhanced IT capabilities and services across the Enterprise. The Customer requires support specializing in program management and systems integration with expertise in wired and wireless telephone networks. The Customer needs polished skills in financial management, budget building and execution (for telephone systems), working capital funding, annual pricing, recapitalization and investments, and cost and benefit analysis for telephone systems. Overall, the output of this work will assist the Customer with identifying ways to operate the Telephony business more efficiently and effectively, with the goal to ensure financial solvency for the Customer's Telephone Product Line.
This position will:
- With regard to the telephony product line, identify new capital asset values on closing internal projects (i.e., maintain the "property book" and the Customers Property Plant and Equipment (PP&E) accounts), calculate monthly depreciation and amortization entries.
- Monitor projects that may result in new telephony capital assets.
- Assist the Customer to resolve project issues.
- Initiate new Recap projects in the Customers enterprise service platform and monitor progress.
- Assist in the procurement of spares for Telephone operations and maintenance (O&M) and Voice Engineers.
- Review and update the services, storage, leased line, and bandwidth usage for Phones.
- Build the annual and 5-year Recap Plans coordinated with Engineering.
- Compile monthly auditable financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Maintain the Asset Management Database in Access.
- Update the CSS Recapitalization Template quarterly.
Required skills and demonstrated experience:
- Demonstrated experience with Working Capital Fund (WCF) operations.
- Demonstrated experience with capitalization of PP&E.
- Demonstrated experience with capitalization of Internal Use Software (IUS).
- Demonstrated experience building Recapitalization and Investment Plans.
- Demonstrated experience assisting Business Management Office personnel to develop annual Pricing.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and responding to various organizational data calls across organizations and project teams to include reporting status to management.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office, Access Database, and Windows operating system.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating with Business Enterprises and Project Managers (PM) to open new projects and assist PMs with moving projects forward to conclusion.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating with Voice Engineers to do project estimates and facilitate decisions on architectures for different buildings.
Wired Telephone Networks:
- Demonstrated experience with Lucent Alcatel 5ESS Integrated Service Digital Network (ISDN) systems.
- Demonstrated experience with Avaya Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and Digital networks.
- Demonstrated experience with Avaya Aura Messaging systems and Voice Mail.
- Demonstrated experience with Signal System 7 (SS7) networks and Session Interface Protocol (SIP).
- Demonstrated experience with Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) systems.
- Demonstrated experience with wide area and local area (WAN and LAN) networks.
- Demonstrated experience with telephone infrastructure, wiring and fiber networks.
- Demonstrated experience with telephone switches, server, gateway, and router operations.
- Demonstrated experience with integrated telephone and internet connection networks.
Wireless Telephone Networks
- Demonstrated experience with telephone infrastructure that converts wired to wireless networks and wireless to wired networks.
- Demonstrated experience handling the security involved with wireless issues.
- Demonstrated experience assisting Contracting Officers (CO) and Contracting Officer Technical Representatives (COTRs) with understanding of the programs.
Highly desired skills and demonstrated experience:
- Demonstrated experience assisting COTR and CO to understand the history and issues associated with existing and new telephone contracts.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing and advising COTRs and COs about changes that must be made to contracts.
- Demonstrated experience assisting in building the Customers annual budget for telephone and internet systems.
- Demonstrated experience ability to provide Demand Forecasts for telephone systems expenses and expected income.
- Demonstrated experience providing quarterly updates to the Customer regarding changes to the capitalization of PP&E and IUS.
- This position requires US Citizenship. Verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements will be confirmed.
- The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance with a Full Scope Polygraph.
- Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
- This position is expected to be onsite. The position will be located within the Washington Metropolitan Area (WMA).
- Local travel/POV will be on an as needed basis, within the local place of performance.
This position is available immediately.
J5 Consulting offers excellent benefits and compensation packages. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Get fresh Systems Integration Consultant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.